A friend of mine recently told me he had been abused repeatedly as a child by a neighbor. He even told me the man's name. I feel that this person should be turned in to the police, because it is a crime. Especially in light of what is going on in the Catholic Church, I think it is necessary to report acts that stand a good chance of
being repeated and harming others. At the same time, I want to respect my friend's privacy. Is there anything I can do?