You need someone to talk to about what you feel, and about your experience. I have a therapist who is a social worker/counselor, licensed to assist those like us who need to recover from a traumatic event. From what I have read here, therapists can be like doctors or lawyers..... you might hate the one you have and discard him/her for another one.

Talk to one or two of them, or more. Tell them what you are about and ask if they are willing to take you on. After speaking with each, go with your gut. Things like gender preference (my counselor is a male), affordability and location may play into your choice.

I'm glad you chose to go into counseling. It took me some time to do that, because I didn't want to admit what happened, but I'm glad now that I did.

Good luck. I wish you well.


My story: