this past few days i have been visiting my best friend from my college/university days - one of my few and bestest friends ever. we last had a true heart-to-heart talk 40 years ago - and have seen each other only once since - and that was 13 years ago. i was planning on telling him my whole life story - including all the lost episodes that i did not even remember when last we were together - specifically the CSA stuff and all the recent drama since the memories began to resurface. i was expecting it to be difficult - but i knew that if anyone would listen, understand, not judge or reject me - and still accept me, he would.

well - i was wrong about one thing - and right about the other. within an hour of being reunited, he told me without a blush or a stammer - that he had been abused as a boy. i immediately said - "me too!"

later - i was able to relate the whole story. it was NOT difficult. and he WAS supportive. our friendship is better than ever. this is like the cherry on top - of all the earlier healing experiences with other issues from my past on this trip.

tomorrow will be another BIG deal - i hope to find my real father's grave - that i have never been to. he was buried on my third birthday. i hope that will bring a sense of peace to another wounded area of my heart.

just had to share the incredible news, guys.
thanks for going along on this amazing journey with me.
lee