Hi guys,

I would greatly appreciate your collective and experience and wisdom.

After spending a year with my last T, I realized that she was not a good fit, and decided I would be best served by someone with more experience in CSA. Despite living 10 minutes away from a mid sized city, I have had not been able to find a T specializing in male survivors through recommendations by other mental health providers I have worked with or online searches.

What I have found is this:

1. A lot of T's that include childhood abuse and trauma do so as part of a laundry list of issues ranging from ADHD to Schizophrenia

2. Specialist for children dealing with abuse (I love these people and wish I could have met them 25 years ago)

3. Specialist in CSA who also have a background in treating perps

Last year when I looked for a therapist, someone recommended one and I made an appointment. When I got home, I found that most of the guys direct experience was treating perps at a correctional facility. I cancelled.

I have an appointment next week with a T that started out treating child victims, has treated adults with CSA, conducts assessments of perps for the state, and also treats perps.

I want someone who has background with CSA, but his involvement with perps makes me nervous.

On the otherhand, I could also see how you could call him a super advocate for the child - Healing them while working with perps so they don't attack children again.

I know I am in charge of my therapy, and I will not quit until I find the right fit. I would think its understandable for me to be worried given his closeness to these monsters.

Is it common for those who treat CSA to also work with perps?

It's okay to find the faith to saunter forward
With no fear of shadows spreading where you stand
And you'll breathe easier just knowing
that the worst is all behind you
And the waves that tossed the raft all night
have set you on dry land
- The Mountain Goats - "Never Quite Free"