Newest Members
twinker, LaneFiasco95, Kristabar, tom93, ninjei
13513 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (42), barelysurviving (48), bigbob20 (72), billyp (68), Larry Mullen (70), Shawv (73), TheTwoOfUs (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (twinker, betrayed boy, payne, 2 invisible), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,513 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,189 Topics
490,066 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#515733 - 09/28/17 01:47 PM Re: Finally [Re: Cave Dweller]
Donald177 Offline

Loc: Virginia
Welcome Cave Dweller,

Welcome to MS. I am glad you are here but sorry for the reasons that brings you here. You will find that the men here are supportive and will offer much encouragement. Continue to share as you feel comfortable. You are in a safe place here. Feel free to message me anytime. Take care of yourself.

Many blessings,
Donald

#515942 - 10/06/17 02:12 PM Re: Finally [Re: Cave Dweller]
WG Offline

Loc: WA
Welcome Cave Dweller -and at the same time, sorry for what brings you here. Also, as we say in here, it's never too late to begin. I'm 63 and never told anyone , anyone, for about 50 years. On the outside, nice guy, funny, good student, got a degree, worked 40 hours a week while in college for 4 years and graduated. Social worker, married, state licensed chemical dependency/mental health counselor, married 36 years, kids, home, 3 cars. On the outside. On the inside - hurt, distant,untouchable,frightened, triggered, inept at deep connections, distant. My loving wife was confused, angry, hurt and sad. That's when I picked up the phone (it felt like it weighed 1,000 pounds) and made the first of man, many therapy appointments. That was 3 years ago. Am I healed? Not by a long shot, but I am better. Am I ever done? No, recovery is for life. However, I am better connected to my younger self, my adult self which in turn connects me better to my wife and children. I have tools now to work through the triggers and isolating factors. Ways to maintain when things suddenly spin out of control.
What I am making a feeble attempt at saying is - never give up. Never stop trying. If one therapist doesn't fit, locate the one that does. If one type of help or assistance doesn't help, keep trying other ones that will fit you better. Never give up.

#515943 - 10/06/17 02:38 PM Re: Finally [Re: Cave Dweller]
KMCINVA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome and I am glad you found you way here. We all lock the abuse within--we try to pretend it did not happen nor did it have an impact on our lives. Denial becomes a way of life, we hide from the world thinking others will see us as damaged.

You have taken brave steps, share when you feel comfortable, we all heal in our own way.

Kevin

#515944 - 10/06/17 02:47 PM Re: Finally [Re: Cave Dweller]
Cave Dweller Offline

Edited by Cave Dweller (10/14/17 08:58 PM)

#515946 - 10/06/17 03:57 PM Re: Finally [Re: Cave Dweller]
Ceremony Offline
Greeter

Loc: Minnesota
CD, I'm starting an emotional day... not all bad... just a bit more tears for seeing love that others have... and that's good I can see that. I need to give hugs.

#516132 - 10/12/17 09:26 PM Re: Finally [Re: Cave Dweller]
Shyshark Offline

Loc: Canada
Welcome Cave.

I do hope you give yourself a bit of time to ponder thoughts and feelings ... here in a safe place.
When you feel like venturing out from your cave we will be here to listen.
I understand ... I isolate too.

I'm glad you found us.

Sharky

#516374 - 10/17/17 05:44 PM Re: Finally [Re: Cave Dweller]
Esterio Offline

Loc: canada bc
Hi there Cave Dweller
Welcome. Sorry for the trauma that brought you here. I am glad you have joined us. I am really new here also. I am starting to get more comfortable here to more guys I meet. Nice to meet you look forward to some conversation when you are ready.
Peace be safe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.