Newest Members
Pjc2124, TheFishinHippie, Pyro, crabtree22, vsimiola
13263 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Chey-Wy (60), cosmic (50), slsjake (61), volleyball (27)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jay1946, Ceremony, iaccus, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,263 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,759 Topics
478,582 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#448865 - 10/01/13 08:20 AM Re: Young guy just starting recovery [Re: thepatient]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: thepatient
.....and it seems like I'm probably much younger than most here(25 y.o.). ...
Hi thepatient,

Welcome to MS. You are right, many of us spent most of our adult lives denying our abuse and its effects on us. You are very fortunate to have the strength and courage to start at age 25. You can avoid all our mistakes if you keep at it and do the work of recovery. Be well.

Jude
Weep not for the memories
Sarah McLachlan

#448872 - 10/01/13 09:52 AM Re: Young guy just starting recovery [Re: thepatient]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Welcome to MS glad you posted and shared Where you are at.

Get busy working the steps in your twelve step program - The Steps are vital exercises that will give you powerful skills for handling your life's problems without resorting to destructive behavior.

We all need to learn skills to deal with life. As an abuse victim my relationships, sense of masculinity amd sexualtiy, trust and intimacy were especially tangled up. And my recovery is a direct result of being willing to learn and apply new skills and abstain from destructive behaviors.

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.