Newest Members
davkli, GMan, Mothman, zmv, lewisrj
13202 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
josacam (53), PhillyPa (41), sum1sun (41), time2heal (42)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,202 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,400 Topics
475,950 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 30 of 30 < 1 2 28 29 30
Topic Options
#495965 - 02/27/16 07:19 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

2 weeks till the wedding and I'm 0.2kg from my goal weight! We went to hire kilts to wear to the wedding yesterday, and i was pretty pleased with my measurements. I'm happy with the progress I've made. I am happy with the progress I've made fitness-wise too. I think it could be better though. Pretty sure i'm going to make it to my goal before the wedding. I think I'll set a new goal after that though. I feel quite confident about seeing my abuser now. Not sure if it's because of the whole working out thing, but it doesn't feel like such a big deal now.

#496009 - 02/28/16 10:51 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
30something Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast
Major congrats to you, txb, on the wedding and fitness progress. Cheers!

#496316 - 03/07/16 06:31 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I started back on exercise a few weeks ago, doing circuits twice a week, although last week I didn't stick to it. Looking through this thread has given me the enthusiasm to stick to it this week.

#496360 - 03/08/16 09:20 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

Thanks 30something!

Originally Posted By: king tut
I started back on exercise a few weeks ago, doing circuits twice a week, although last week I didn't stick to it. Looking through this thread has given me the enthusiasm to stick to it this week.

Great to see you back. How are you doing? Are you doing circuits at home or at a gym? I keep thinking about joining a gym but I haven't done anything about it yet. I hope you manage to stay motivated this week.

I lost 0.1kg, which is really hardly anything, but it puts me 0.3kg away from my target. I don't think I'm going to make it to my goal before the wedding now. My new job is kind of physical so I should probably take that into account and add a few extra calories to cover that. I've been roped into doing more last minute wedding stuff, so I don't have time to focus on weight/exercise stuff this week. I've heard more stories about my abuser and his break up. Apparently it's still going badly. I have no idea what he's going to be like at the wedding now which is a bit scary. At least before I thought I knew what he would be like. But I still feel pretty confident about it - as long as I don't have to sit near him. It'll be fine if I can just see him from a distance. I'm still really happy with the progress I've made though. I decided to get a tattoo to celebrate (almost) making my goal - except it turned out to be kind of triggering, even though I've known the guy who was doing it for most of my life. It was mainly him having his hands on my neck which was causing me to freak out. I ended up quitting halfway through, so now I have to go back to get it finished this week or else turn up at the wedding with half a tattoo, which would really ruin my look. I have tons of other stuff to do this week too.

I'm looking forward to the whole wedding thing being over. I want to focus on health/fitness stuff more. I need to make some new goals, and maybe try some new things..... I'm not sure what yet. I seem to have a lot of interests so it's hard to narrow it down to one thing. I'd rather be good at one thing than just okay at 12 things. I know that I want to eat better too. I've been doing okay with that, but it could definitely be better.

Does anyone know if the sugar in fruit counts as bad sugar? Occasionally I track my calorie intake online and the amount of sugar I eat is always really high. Fruit is supposed to be good for you, so I can I just ignore that?

#496562 - 03/14/16 10:50 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

I'm not sure why I'm posting here. I have nothing new to add. For the last couple of days I have been sweating a lot and been more talkative than usual, which is kind of a warning sign for me. I've been stable bipolar wise for quite a while now, so hopefully I can get this under control before it gets out of control. I probably should do something about it instead of just casually talking about it. It just irritates me though. Like the disruption to my life and constantly wondering if I'm okay. Like if I'm happy is it normal happy or am I too happy? Sometimes I wonder if I'm over reacting and I hate having to check with other people if they think I'm okay or having them analyse everything I do.

Since the wedding is over I need to make a new goal. My head is kind of busy and it's hard to think about what I want. I ended up losing 0.3kg over the last week, so I need to curb that. I think ideally I want to gain another 5kg - about 10lbs. I think that'll make me look like I'd like to look.

Today it is actually sunny!!!! Maybe spring is on the way and I'll be able to do more outdoor stuff. I feel like I need another motivator though. Having a weight goal and the wedding as a deadline was good, so I need to find something else like that. I was thinking about doing a triathlon or something like that.... maybe something where there is an element of competition? I'm not really very competitive these days though.

I have been vegan for a long time now, but I go through spells where I'm a pretty lazy vegan and eat junk food vegan style. It is a diet that takes more planning and effort to make sure you get everything you need. I'd like to get out of my lazy phase and step things up a bit. I've heard people say they cured their depression and other problems by eating well, so it's worth the extra effort. I find it better when we prep several days worth of food at a time, so maybe I'll get back into doing that again. Just need to find more motivation....

#497010 - 03/26/16 03:31 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
30something Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey txb, hope Spring arriving is helping your motivation. The milder weather is definitely inspiring me to get moving outdoors. Played three hours of tennis this morn. Now I need to keep it up.

Good luck to everyone on this thread.
Asa

#497012 - 03/26/16 03:34 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
30something Offline
MaleSurvivor

And I think you CAN ignore fruit sugar. Any added sugar (like sweetening strawberries) is "bad sugar," from what I know.

Page 30 of 30 < 1 2 28 29 30

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.