Newest Members
dWite, Kwozzi, Nathan James, lilgas69, Humfrey
13133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
markw (54), nickeaster78 (38), T.J. (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (zookeeper, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,133 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,107 Topics
474,347 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#431693 - 04/18/13 08:45 PM My Dad just passed this morning
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Wake up to find out my dad just passed this morning . I did not know Him that well I've only met him a handful of times. Due to the fact that my mother lied to me about knowing his whereabouts Because he was married and had kids. So she just told me she didn't know who my father was for years. She told me in my early 20s that she thought his name was-------- . FlashForward to 2008 I am sitting on my couch flipping through the TV channels and I see a picture come on the screen and this guy looks exactly like me, The newscast goes on to say they are looking for new leads into the death of this man some 10 years ago. Looking for fresh leads his name is the same name my mother had said my Father's name was. I thought this is my dad no way

I contacted the detective she informed me that this was a junior and that the senior was still living and that's all the information she could give me. I got a hold of this guy turns out it was my father the guy on the screen was my brother who had been murdered .

The day i met him he talked to my mother on the phone my mother talk to him as if they just met yesterday recalling all of the times they shared. Boy was I pissed my mom had lied all these years only to keep my fathers married life intact.

I couldn't make this stuff up

my whole life all I wanted was to see what my father looked like God blessed me with the opportunity to do that.
As many of you know I have a history of writing & sharing what i write even on this site while visiting with my dad he asked me what my hobbies were and when I told him I love to write his eyes lit up he grabbed my hand took me to a room and showed me Stacks upon stacks upon stacks of notebooks filled with his writing and poetry. I had always wondered where I got that from. And what is really freaky his writings are almost a mirror image of mine.
I went on to meet him a couple more times and just recently two weeks ago to inform him my mother had just suddenly passed.

So I got to visit with him one last time and got to know my other brother a little bit better this sucks but this too is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Thanks for listening
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#431695 - 04/18/13 09:01 PM Re: My Dad just passed this morning [Re: nltsaved]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: settling in the USA again
OH, brother!

I am stunned by this. and so soon after your mother's passing.
what an astounding story.

holding you up in prayer,
may God bless and comfort you.
lee

#431722 - 04/19/13 01:39 AM Re: My Dad just passed this morning [Re: traveler]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Please accept my condolences.

Puffer

#431733 - 04/19/13 05:29 AM Re: My Dad just passed this morning [Re: nltsaved]
BraveFalcon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hello Nltsaved. I am deeply sorry for your loss. Both for the loss of your father now and for the loss of knowing him when you were young. It was wrong of your mother to keep him from you like that. I admire you for not sounding more angry about that then you do. Take care. Peace,

Ken

#431738 - 04/19/13 06:21 AM Re: My Dad just passed this morning [Re: nltsaved]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Hey Nathan

Wow

Be good to yourself - I know you know how to get comfort and healing. Do it.

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#431742 - 04/19/13 07:33 AM Re: My Dad just passed this morning [Re: nltsaved]
peroperic2009 Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
My condolences nltsaved.
I'm so sorry man. Many things happened around you recently, give yourself time and space for mourning.

Take care!

Pero

#431774 - 04/19/13 03:07 PM Re: My Dad just passed this morning [Re: nltsaved]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
I have made peace with all of this the passing of my mother & father over the past 3 weeks . I do stand on the word of God . It is more than just saying it but to live it out .
If i believe the good book than i must respond in the the same manner . There is more than just believing the word i must have faith Gods will is best

i know they are both absent from the body & are present with The Lord . So am i sad yes but i rejoyce knowing that my faith is being strengthend through this whole journey .

I have no unforgiveness in my heart it is a waste of time & energy . Staying mad takes more out of me than forgiving and moving on .

To much stress and in our humaness we All make mistakes it is not my duty to hold them under such high standards as if do not fall myself as if i do not make mistakes . Because when i do i want forgiveness i want 2 nd chances and sometimes even 3 rd and 4th chances cause i do not get it right all the time .

I am sad cause I can not talk to them or see them but i am a believer they are believers therefor i have to have peace about this .

Thank you for ALL the encouraging words
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#432099 - 04/22/13 07:17 PM Re: My Dad just passed this morning [Re: nltsaved]
JayBro Offline

HUGS

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.