Newest Members
physicsfriend, GreyGrackle, Super Conductor, HowardCosell1990, Fozzie
13383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (48), flaredsoul (34), Madcap (32), susie24 (62)
Who's Online
2 registered (learning2remember, 1 invisible), 56 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,383 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,398 Topics
483,363 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#485133 - 07/07/15 10:05 AM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
KMCINVA Offline
MaleSurvivor

I needed something simple so I could remember it!

#485150 - 07/07/15 03:18 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: Chase Eric]
Nothing Man Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Thank you, Eirik, that is one of the kindest things anyone has ever told me!

Mike

#485159 - 07/07/15 08:05 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
gettingstronger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Great posts, everyone! I read each and every one and they're fascinating. I chose GettingStronger because when I started here, I was feeling pretty much at rock bottom but in some small ways, I had already started on the road to healing. Plus I wanted something positive but not more positive than the truth.

My avatar (just changed a week or two ago) is of me at a 2015 mud run. I'm slogging through the mud on my hands and knees, crawling under the wires you can see in the photo, but I'm either smiling or snarling (can't tell or remember which.) It sums up my journey that you, my brothers in arms, have been kind enough to witness. I'm also not at all afraid on the anonymity issue. I only have one child photo of myself, about age 4, and I didn't want to use it. Better to focus on the now, as least as I saw it.

Bob

Edited by gettingstronger (07/08/15 10:29 PM)

#487431 - 08/22/15 09:12 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
betrayed boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ny
well I guess mine's fairly obvious I'm a boy betrayed by all it seems for the better part of my life, as for an avatar I suck on puter's lol don't know how to do it, if I did it would be a red fire spewing dragon, my rage set free to hunt

#487513 - 08/24/15 03:44 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
ig3 Offline

Mine stands for "into giants" - the macrophilia I struggle with.

#507627 - 03/13/17 09:47 AM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
Chase Eric Offline

MaleSurvivor

An old thread worth a bump....

#507649 - 03/13/17 08:33 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
oriolesguy Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
Hmmm.....
Baseball, anyone?
I have always been the gym rat, the sports junkie, the active athlete, the fit guy. In all honesty it's probably one of the things that helped me function from day to day. However, it also helped me run away from who I was. While I love athletics, I focused entirely on that aspect of my life, because I couldn't face me. I felt wanted, important, and recognized on the playing field. I didn't feel that way anywhere else. It was a clever disguise.

I'm facing more of me now. While that's hard, sports are now less of a focus because, little by little, I am trying to become more of myself. Expand my horizons. And I am trying to understand that I can be good in other ways, off the playing field as well. Having been raped shouldn't affect that, in theory, but it has (story below).

I still love athletics, primarily as a participant, but as a spectator, too. And, since I did some of my growing up in/around Baltimore, I have become an avid Ravens fan. Orioles too, and thus the name.

And yes, the Orioles will rock this year.....

Oriolesguy

http://www.discussion.malesurvivor.org/b...1634#Post261634

#507683 - 03/14/17 10:33 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
greenwizard Offline

Loc: PA
About my senior year of high school a friend of mine had a Dreamcast and a game called Gauntlet Legends. To make a character you had to pick a class and a color. I made all sorts of them, loved that game, but my first and favorite was a green wizard. Every time I loaded him up that deep game voice would say "Welcome back green wizard!"

#507688 - 03/15/17 03:05 AM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: Chase Eric]
oic Offline

OICU812

Dad's joke I internalized. When I tried to tell what happened, what was happening to me, mom said it was best I kept it to myself, dad said I shouldn't have put myself in that position.

#509072 - 04/15/17 02:17 PM Re: Our user names and avatars how did we choose them [Re: ANDREW63]
Chase Eric Offline

MaleSurvivor

I figured I'd update my post, since my avatar and signature have evolved quite a bit. At this writing, I am using a David Bowie avatar. His lyrics spoke so perfectly to me - the angst, the outsider looking in. From Changes (and these children who you spit in - as they try to change their ways - are immune to you consultations...they're quite aware of what they're going through) to Rebel Rebel (also very personal for me), Bowie was the soundtrack of my conscience. Starman sent chills down my spine - the enormity of its message and the emotional crescendos of the composition lifted me and resonated deeply - and the words seemed to hold promise that there were bigger things than my messed up little world to think about - and perhaps that there were eyes looking down, watching out for me.

My signature has a picture of me at twelve - me when the abuse started. A gray-scaled image merges with my own like a dark shadow. In one simple combined image the story - why I am here.

I tend to swap around the quotes within my signature. I love Maya Angelou - another survivor who speaks so deeply of strength. The current words in the signature block (that speak of the damage that secrets and shame do to our souls) is just me, however. The whole signature block acts as a link clicks to my Intro, which has essentially stood as my "survivor story."

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.