Newest Members
Bzzt, Adam Murph, Leelin, Max1969, rogpsm
13388 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
JeffreyMerton (48), LupinIII (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (betrayed boy, HBUL, 1 invisible), 56 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,388 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,444 Topics
483,731 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#507341 - 03/04/17 02:38 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
Rurai Offline

Loc: UK
I don’t have any belief in a god.

#507344 - 03/04/17 03:25 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: George]
oic Offline

I didn't mean to imply a denial of a God or anyone's belief in a higher power as I'm sure that is helpful to many and I think my understanding is evolving. I'm a believer in soul consciousness & believe each person has a right to believe or not believe and to come to terms with his/her Maker if there is one regarding what is or isn't right or wrong for each individual, not some cookie cutter, right/wrong evil or divine mentality. It's just not that black & white for me although I can relate somewhat to a Great Spirit similarly to the understanding of indigenous peoples. One who perhaps provides for the needs of humans if he/she did create the universe & resources but doesn't necessarily communicate directly with them. What infuriates me is people imposing their beliefs onto others or judging others as evil or hell bound if they don't buy into a particular belief system that spews hate towards anything different than them or anything they define as immoral. For me, it's not always a matter of wrong or right but can just be different. I also realize I am jaded and had incidents of molestation that occurred in two different church houses. The guilt and judgement implied by the teachings in those places scarred me equally or worse than the abuse events I think sometimes.

Thanks for your response George and I do respect you, & your right to believe the things you believe.

"....Where do you want to see your soul in 100 years?" In a hell of a lot better place than it's been since 1966 when the soul murder began.

Feel towards organized religion like if I want to engage in a social gathering of snobs, I'd just as soon join a country club.

#507439 - 03/07/17 05:50 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
Ferguson Offline

Good to hear such a bold affirmation of the reality of The Maker. Denial < I agree.

Simply put, I wholeheartedly agree with what you said George. However the truth, as I now see it, is that Christianity has distorted the message and only partly represented The Maker. The battle for me was only just beginning when I became a believer 32 years ago at the age of 20. I'm still trying to get the balance right between allowing myself to settle to the status quo to belong and the need to challenge terrible misrepresentations of The Maker and His word that I have been able to see. The two central errors in Christianity centre on thinking The Maker changed His mind about the nation He chose to serve Him and the wisdom He gave us how to live. According to Christianity (99% of it) we have been "freed" from following The Maker's instructions (or we can pick and choose which of His instructions to follow) and that He is no longer going to keep His promises to the nation He chose (which by the way was split into two nations: Judah(Jews) and Israel(who were called "Multitude of Nations" and scattered losing their identity - "not my people"..but who would become His people once again). He has not changed His plan or His mind. These two errors limit how much we can be united and be helpful for others seeking.

The basic notion that The Maker is there, is almost more than some can take because of the abuse of power they have experienced and what I wrote in the above paragraph is often far too much for people to hear while dealing with abuse of various kinds. Patience is key. It has been such a tough and difficult journey for me. I have so wanted to just find someone to tell me what to do.....but The Maker has cared too much for me to let me stay in that place for too long. We are sick and need a Dr - The Great Dr. Sick and Sinful.

Being confident and bold about the good we find does not automatically turn into bullying or persecuting those who don't agree. We need much more room for diversity of perception and patience as "believers". And we need to avoid pressure unity that crushes and persecutes diversity through dumbing down because of a fear of disunity. Let The Maker build the house!

Are we willing to risk being misunderstood as trouble makers as Elijah was? and the opposite problem I also have: Are we willing to "hold fire" daring to open up to risky groups that look like school environment abuse? That is my biggest hurdle to health. I'm trying to believe I'll find a place to belong without having to "bend over" to the alpha males and those who enable them to maintain false herd identity........ How long oh Yah?!

That's some of how I see things (in no way expecting others to see things in the same way)

Bell Well
...and weller

#507909 - 03/21/17 07:28 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
MACH123 Offline

Yes, I do.

#507910 - 03/21/17 08:10 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
KMCINVA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Some days I do and others I do not. Today is one of those days I think if there was a God I would not be in such pain, feel loss and hurt. I was up all night, mind racing and feeling raw from the abuse that is 50 years old. I was sad, crying and the body ached. I tried to rationalize live or die. It seemed last night death was the best answer. Why I cannot take the pain and memories any longer. They continue to creep back in. I know doctors have said I am wounded from the abuse and the years of torment-that others inflicted and continue to inflict--if there was a God no one would deny my abuse. And if there was a God this pain would go away, those who viciously lied and denied my abuse would see the truth and I could sleep and think of life--but none of these are happening. Some say in death those that tormented will receive their just do--but I cannot believe such after life truly exists. So if there is a God start protecting children from CSA and help those who struggle with overcoming the CSA and stop the ignorant from triggering and inflicting greater pain. I have not felt his presence for a long time. Am I asking for too much?

#507921 - 03/21/17 12:10 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
manipulated Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Great Lakes Wine Country
If there is a God where was He? If He is loving why? If He protects those that have asked Him into their hearts why?

My current realization after decades of placing bibles and testaments, church speaking, teaching sunday school and being in the pew if the building was open and general evangelizing for souls to accept an Omniscient, Omnipotent, loving, protecting, savior is:

1. He was whispering suggestions in the perps ear, or

2. He was a slimy peeper watching, or

3. He gives not a damn about me or any child. Never has. Never will. Never did.

#507927 - 03/21/17 04:16 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
Ceremony Offline

Loc: Minnesota
There's a political element to this that's gotten to me. I will keep my personal Jesus with me and try not to get my angst out toward the aggressive exclusionist type of believers who are rampant. I'm very antagonized!! I'm tired of the type who have to get all up in someone eye to nag about some sliver or other, and that damn log is jutting out of their own eye!! Front row chest thumpers piss me off!!

If this is too offensive, I'll delete it.
a collection of things,
a panoply not rare.
https://youtu.be/6nQc1ADbWLA
This is the story of my rape, posted on MS:
http://www.discussion.malesurvivor.org/b...1680#Post501680

#507954 - 03/22/17 11:12 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
manipulated Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Great Lakes Wine Country
Whole lot less offensive than my post Ceremony and I think the whole thread is asking for opinions not attacking ANY beliefs. At least I hope so. Certainly did not mean to belittle or attack anyone with mine. Just where I am today. Where I have been for a couple of years now.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.