The past is a lesson in life, and the future is a projection of what we do in the present. So, if we can learn from our past and put that learning or wisdom into our present we would create better.
That is the purpose of all life experiences and the more painful the experiences the greater its capability to teach us, as the pain doesn’t relent till we have learned what we are supposed to. So there is no better pain reliever than learning from it, if not for pain we would rather ignore or miss the lessons, life is so painstakingly creating for us to learn thru our life experiences.
If you are unable to accept the pain as a learning experience, then first learn to forgive yourself and other partners in your experience. That way you would unlock the memories from their portals and gradually they would be dislodged themselves completely from your energy system, and make sure you do it from the heart and not at an intellectual level.
1. Start with a small prayer, to invoke the presence of God, your gurus and guides; ask then to take you thru this under their guidance and protection.
2. Sit comfortably with closed eyes.
3. Relax your mind by focusing on your breathe for a while
4. With a neutral mind, revisit all those hurtful places again and fill them with as much light as you can.
5. Now, see them happen differently, positively. This way you can change the emotional triggers of the past and replace them with neutral ones.
6. Once you have changed the past situation to your hearts content, ‘step out’ immediately without lingering on getting stuck.
7. To make it real, take the entire scenario like a ball of fire and hand it over to God, so that He can make it real for you.
8. Visualize it all dissolving into the white light.
9. Now, remember to do a soothing mediation after this, visualize a soothing nature scenario for a while and play there, till you feel comfortable enough to open your eyes.
10. Once over, don’t step back into the memories as they would be washed out gradually thru the weeks to follow, remember to let go each time you find your mind indulging in it.
11. Next when you happen to visit to visit those memories, notice how you feel, if you feel neutral, insightful or just angry or disturbed. The latter means you need to repeat the meditation once every week.
You are not your memories, but the possibility of what you can be and it can all be possible only if you allow it, by replacing the old, so that the new can take root.