Newest Members
ECD, Surprise Ball, ImNewHere, smi317, Strangeways
13798 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeoDude (51), ger424 (51), peps (38), Philip (40), RememberingInMN (40), Turtle (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 42 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,798 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,811 Topics
501,536 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#77509 - 12/06/04 07:54 AM Sometime the prayers do work!
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Well, I am sure often time they work. But sometime it is more obvious to us, the obtuse humans, then others! Just an greatful to the one that was answered most recently.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#77510 - 12/06/04 07:24 PM Re: Sometime the prayers do work!
dwf Offline
Moderator/BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
Hi Leosha,

Yes, it is good to be reminded of the power of prayer and especially the gratitude I feel when the answer is evident.

I am reminded of what a sponsor of mine said to me.

"All prayers are answered. Sometimes the answer is 'Yes, my son..' At others the response is 'No, my son, that will not be good for you.'.

And then there are the occasions when the prayer I pray is answered with the words, 'Not yet, my son, not yet....'.

Thanks for the post, Leosha.

Regards,

-Tony Joe White

#77511 - 12/06/04 09:18 PM Re: Sometime the prayers do work!
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Thank you for the response Danny. Yes, it's true, sometime the answer is 'No' or 'Not now'. There was a situation, a person I was greatly worried about, and I found that praying about it, it truly seemed to make that person better, helped to give that positive energy or some such thing. It is a wonderful and wonderous thing.

leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#77512 - 12/07/04 08:18 PM Re: Sometime the prayers do work!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Leosha, I have seen the power of prayer working, seemingly impossible situations resolved without logical reason.

I was watching a program on premature babies, a little girl in a seemingly impossible position, the surgeons had given up, and told the family she will probably die, she didn't and thrived.

The family put it down to the prayer, I will certainly agree,

ste

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.