Newest Members
Bilbo408, JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72
13229 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (39), jaywiz2009 (71), mato (59)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 65 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,229 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,553 Topics
477,022 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#77263 - 08/15/04 07:39 PM Leaping Spirituality of Mike Lew
John Ireland Offline

Loc: Chicago
Last week I attended my first Mike Lew retreat in the Pocono Mountains. Leaping with him since I was literally saved from a near suicide I was floored by the weekend:) \:\) I departed last Sunday after a most magical experience. I decided to take time to further my quest with a road trip. I ended up in Plymouth, Massachusetts where I have ancestry on both my mom & dad's lines. My 11th greats were Edward & Ann Fuller, Mayflower passengers, escaping religious abuses of Anglican England. Their son, my next in line, married Jane Lothrop, daughter of my great-grandfather Rev. John Lothrop, exiled by his Anglican higher powers for speaking his mind against the established powers. He was imprisoned for 2 years surviving cruel & inhumane abuses. His children begged the Church to allow their father to see their mother, Hannah House, who lay dying. They allowed him to see her if & only if he agreed to be exiled to the colonies. He settled, with his motherless children & his congregation, at Plymouth Colony & I was amazed to be in his 1644 Barnstable home, now part of Sturgis Library of the Cape Cod location. I have mixed ancestry--Native, Celtic, Quaker, & beyond & I am a vocal survivor of mutliple abuse, some at the hands of organized religion of Catholic & Lutheran clergy. I see more & more we need to stand strong, especially in light of further denial & massive abuses yet to be uncovered. I will never be silenced again!! My Celtic, Native, & Quaker ancestors especially survived infinite attempts at being silenced...makes sense I am here now:) \:\) I believe strongly that we all, across the globe,have an inner light & we are beautiful life forms--for me scars & all---scars now stars:) \:\) I write this in hopes of helping any or spreading my joy & hopes & dreams----endless for each:) \:\) This is inspired by all at Mike Lew's Awesome Leaping retreat & dedicated to my guides in the Otherworld including my mom, dad, & the rest of my loving protectors away from earth...
All "me" Williams-Ireland best, John:) \:\)

#77264 - 08/18/04 12:21 AM Re: Leaping Spirituality of Mike Lew
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
Loc: Pennsylvania
Hey John! Glad you were able to unwind and enjoy your trip! I know you've been through a lot! Your sharing and comradeship on the Mike Lew weekend was very much appreciated!! Hope the rest of your summer is uplifting as well!!

If you think you can or you can't - you're right!.......anon
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!.....anon
You're very normal for the abnormal situation you've been through..............S. Todd

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.