Newest Members
mmm coffee, Calibre09, FallGuy2154, Whoamitoday, Joe4618
13527 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
anon_wife (37), Chilly Willy (57), FC (57), JHB1976 (41), malitovsky1 (63), Roofus (46), Sara L. (35), TexasCowboy (55), toni (62)
Who's Online
4 registered (Ceremony, traveler, 2 invisible), 73 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,527 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,364 Topics
491,388 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#72973 - 12/05/04 08:40 PM Re: Am I gay because I was sexually abused by my Step Father?
MikeInFlorida Offline

Loc: Titusville
Quote:
Originally posted by Rustam:
Hi Mike, my two pence,

I agree with the other posts, sexual abuse does not cause someone to be gay. If it did wouldn’t all survivors of male abuse be gay. Is there any kind of abuse that could turn gay children into heterosexuals?

There are groups who for religious reasons do not want to believe that some people are born gay, who have tried to do ‘research’ to prove a link between homosexuality and abuse. They also believe that there is a ‘cure’ for homosexuality.

I do understand that straight men/boys may act out their abuse with other boys/men but this does not necessarily make them gay or bi.

Abuse certainly adds to the confusion of knowing what orientation we truly have. Sexuality is not an all or nothing; we can be anything from 100% gay to 1% gay or anywhere in between. For those of us who are gay and were abused by males, associating our sexualities with abuse makes self-acceptance more difficult in an already homophobic world.

Rustam.
Rustam

You are so right!! I am gay, and now realize that I ahve always been gay. My sexual abuse did in fact add a termendous amount of confusion what sexual orientation I truly have been all of my life. I fee that I must also that I have had a very difficult time accepting myself as a gay male, and now because of what you just said here for the first time in my life, I understand why I have had such a hard time accepting myself.

Fo THIS I profoundly Thank You.

Mike

#72974 - 12/05/04 11:00 PM Re: Am I gay because I was sexually abused by my Step Father?
brokentoys Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Sorry Mike, SA=Sexual Abuse. You might also see the term CSA or Childhood Sexual Abuse here. I guess sometimes I don't stop to think that not everyone has been here for awhile! Sorry! \:D
Broken

Arnold Bennet

#72975 - 12/14/04 07:17 AM Re: Am I gay because I was sexually abused by my Step Father?
Glen Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I was abused by my olders sister when i was 5 till 10. It has thourally screwed up my sexual identity. Am i gay straight or bi? I do not know.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.