Newest Members
Overthinker, VanNorte, Confused52, redbear, sg234
13676 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluestar7 (49), ferdie1949 (69), jonathan (61), LovingFriend (31), tjp42588 (30)
Who's Online
4 registered (Overthinker, Casmir213, Ceremony, JamesM), 52 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,676 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,089 Topics
496,657 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#72277 - 02/28/04 12:41 AM My Email to CBS regarding Priest Abuse
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
In your Friday Night Newscast 2/27/04, you stated the following: 80% of the pedophilia was of a homosexual nature. While that may be stated in the report that you obtained this information from, you failed miserably in reporting accurate and honest news. Pedophilia and homosexual terms are two entirely different thoughts and definitions to most people. Because someone is a child abuser, even if it is a male that abuses a child, that does not necessarily mean they are "homosexual". Most of the child abusers are heterosexual but when it comes to child abuse, they prefer boys. I speak from experience because I was abused as a boy by a man who was a heterosexual. Please correct your news cast and reflect what really is the truth here. Otherwise, you are doing those of us who have experienced child abuse, a great disservice.

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#72278 - 02/28/04 01:19 AM Re: My Email to CBS regarding Priest Abuse
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Don
let us know if you get a reply

Dave

#72279 - 02/29/04 04:06 AM Re: My Email to CBS regarding Priest Abuse
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Hey Don - Glad you sent them that info! You are absolutely correct on dividing those two terms. Why would a heterosexual pedophile force sex on a same-sex partner? Because they are easier to control than a teen or grown woman! Once they have overridden their conscience and fear of consequences, the last hurdle is victim resistance. Once that is covered, the sexual assault is a clear shot!!

Howard

#72280 - 02/29/04 03:59 PM Re: My Email to CBS regarding Priest Abuse
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
You know that reporter was just spouting off the party line of society. They have not got a GD clue about it at all. And unfortunately I dont think they give a shit if it is right or wrong.

Don I hope that finally we all get a small victory. Hell I will take anything positive as a battle won.

Keep us informed please

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#72281 - 02/29/04 05:42 PM Re: My Email to CBS regarding Priest Abuse
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
No word back but then I may have to send a few before they listen. I've been known to do that before. One time a place was ignoring me and so I faxed them like 10 of the same letters. They called me up and asked me if I had a problem with my fax machine. I said, no you were ignoring me and now I've got your attention. Some days I'm can be a pesky little creature!

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.