Newest Members
cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee, mmm coffee, Calibre09
13530 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (34), comeath3 (78), Poo (53), Roy (56), Skeeter (58), tazrad (46), Treehugger75 (42), waterworld (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (Rich1967, iaccus), 81 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,530 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,382 Topics
491,508 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#68475 - 01/18/07 10:34 PM ... sexual response in nonsexual situation ...
selene Offline

Loc: midwest

#68476 - 01/18/07 11:00 PM Re: ... sexual response in nonsexual situation ...
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Thanks for sharing this Selene. Your point is presented with true honesty and it certainly helps us all to understand.

Best wishes,
s-n-s

cm 2007

#68477 - 01/20/07 06:27 AM Re: ... sexual response in nonsexual situation ...
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Waldport, Oregon
Selene,

Thank-you so much for sharing that experience. It helps me to understand so much.

Lots of love,

John

#68478 - 01/20/07 04:49 PM Re: ... sexual response in nonsexual situation ...
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Selene.

Sorry to hear of your experience. sorry if i dont have much more to say.

Duncan

#68479 - 01/20/07 09:35 PM Re: ... sexual response in nonsexual situation ...
TJ jeff Offline

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Selene,

I thank you for sharing this here - it is a problem many of us have felt

Nothing my uncle ever did was violent in any way (though he did mentaly pressure me much in the later years) - I hated my body very much for many years because it reacted so willingly to his touch - at that time I really felt that I should of been able to control the reactions of my own body - the fact that my body did respond caused me much confussion and shame...

It is something that we cannot be reminded enough... - the physical body respondes to stimulation - it is just the way the body is wired - not something we can control - there is nothing we can do to stop it... (lord knows I tried to stop it so many times)

I sure can't be reminded enough of how much it is not our bodies faults for responding to stimulation - just as it is not your fault for you body responding to the exam - and not ken's fault for responding to his perps actions - not my fauly either for responding to my uncle (man... - I need to remind myself of that more often...)

Take good care of yourself,

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#68480 - 01/21/07 12:34 AM Re: ... sexual response in nonsexual situation ...
indygal Offline

selene,

thank you for sharing your experience - it horrifies me no end to think how you were disrespected - for a female teenager to be in a dr's examining room, w/4 health care professionals surrounding her, and clearly no effort was made to put you at ease - !!!

i don't know how long ago this was but i certainly hope things have changed at that facility. if it's not that long ago, perhaps you might consider writing a letter to the administrator.

that was totally, absolutely unacceptable.

all the best,
indy

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.