Newest Members
Bilbo408, JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72
13229 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (60), Aaron7712 (50), Defiance Is Best (48), Interpreter (32), Kenn (57), RichardPaulPoill (70), soul (36), Tyler845 (29)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 25 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,229 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,564 Topics
477,113 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#64949 - 09/21/06 07:40 PM Panic Attacks
Cecilia Offline

Loc: Maine
I go through waves of emotion. Right now I am in the midst of feeling absolutely frozen by the fear that my husband is going to just walk away from me forever. That I don't mean anything to him. That he will immediately replace me with another woman.

I know. I am supposed to remember that if he does that then what was our marriage really about anyway. But that doesn't help me in the moments when I am feeling like I'm going to die b/c of how betrayed I feel.

Before he left, he said things to me that made me feel so ugly and worthless. I don't think I am those things, but I have no image of myself right now. I am MOM more than anything. The thing is, I feel like I have been MOM to him, too.

Other people (my mom and sister, \:\) ), tell me I am beautiful, smart, kind, etc., . . . why can't my husband reaffirm those things to me.

I am really just dumping right now. I wish I could summon up some of the anger other's seem able to feel. I just feel sad. And really scared. And lonely.

#64950 - 09/21/06 09:41 PM Re: Panic Attacks
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX

I am so sorry for your pain. Fear is a terrible thing.

Intellectually you know you are not those ugly things he told you. I know it made you feel bad, but we cannot always trust our feelings. Try to keep your head in this.

Panic attacks are no fun. I've had a few, none today, thank goodness, but I'm sure I'll get to have a few more yet.

I am proud of myself because I just ate a chocolate chip cookie and enjoyed it. I'm still alive, and I'm still able to enjoy some things.

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.