Newest Members
HealingNow45, NewStart, detreker, WifeLife, Oskar
13694 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
doubleL (32), eltoro65 (53), Ken Followell (2018), orlando (35), rogers33 (41), SweetCandi (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (LinEar, Chris4TheMill, genedebs, Broknwings), 18 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,694 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,200 Topics
497,362 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#61780 - 08/30/04 08:27 PM Good news
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
I am finally able to come back and I say hi to everyone ! I have missed you but I had to handle a lot of horrible stuff this summer. V and I are still apart, I miss him but I realized we had a lot of work to do with ourselves before being able to do the essential: talking !
I have made tremendous progress and I am proud to say that I am getting there in my healing.
I feel I am not a victim anymore, I don't behave like a victime and I am able now to stand up for myself. Consequently I have also integrated the limits or borders. I can distinguish the difference between me and others. And that my friends is quite something ! I have closed the doors with my parents, I have finished the painful mourning and I feel free.
As an art therapist I had a fantastic time at the Healing the healers retreat. I feel much more confident in my work, I feel strong. I am going to the male survivor conference in Galway at the end of September and will be running a day workshop of art therapy (theatre and dance) for survivors in Leeds at the end of November. In between I will be in Montreal (28th of Sept-30th of October) for my internship at CPIVAS, a survivor centre located in Laval.
V. for what I know has made tremendous progress. I still hope we will be able to meet again. I miss him, I love him and I am proud of him.
I wish you all the very best, you deserve it for sure ! \:\)
Caro

#61781 - 08/30/04 08:40 PM Re: Good news
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Caro!

\:D !

It's SO good to see you back here, my sister. I've missed you.

That you've made such progress is truly a wonderful thing. I'm very proud of you.

Please don't be such a stranger, lass!

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#61782 - 08/31/04 11:59 PM Re: Good news
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Caro
It's good to hear you're doing so well, and you have every right to feel proud of YOUR achievements.

You're going to love Galway, if you can get used to the slooooowww way of life over there. \:D

Dave

#61783 - 09/01/04 02:42 PM Re: Good news
PAS Offline

Loc: Canada
Caro - have fun in Montreal - its a great city if you are a "starving student" - lots of cheap, great meals, lots of inexpensive but interesting things to do. I lived there for 2 years (1998-2000) in the NDG and the Cote-Des-Neiges neighbourhoods. I hope that you find a place to live in the downtown area - Laval is not so much fun (its a suburb).

My time in Montreal.. ah il etait amusant mais aussi triste.. I had fun but I also broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years there... so lots of memories for me there both good and bad.. c'est dommage qu'il ya plus qui sont tristes \:\( ... Ah bien, c'est la vie.

I do think that there will be a lot of people there though who will defintely benefit from your skills/ experience.. it always seemed to me that the whole city had a bit of a victim mentality.. Due to their settlement heritage there's a long history of abuse/corruption in Quebec/Montreal that has permeated down to the population at large. It is sad because Montreal and Quebec is SUCH a great place and the people really are a lot of fun, but there are a LOT of hurting people there. I'm sure Kolisha will agree with me on this observation!!

I hope you have fun with "Quebec french" ("joual") its a whole different language than the one you know!!!

P

#61784 - 09/01/04 05:57 PM Re: Good news
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
'Barnac, Pas - t'as raison! C'est ben l'fun, mais les gens sont fous.....

:p

#61785 - 09/02/04 02:10 AM Re: Good news
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline

Loc: Lyons, CO USA
Caro:
Good to hear from you again. Sorry your situation with V has not improved. You deserve a good relationship.

I like Montreal and used to go there every year for a few about 30 years ago. We found a great crepe place on Rue D' Montaign (sp?). When we went back to the city last year for a conf, we asked and apparently it moved to Parq or Park St. (Way up the hill from downtown). The name was the same (Crepe Breton) and they still had the same cook after 30 years. Check it out. Great crepes and the BEST French onion soup ever.

Ken

#61786 - 09/04/04 09:49 PM Re: Good news
Caetel Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Thank you guys for all the great tips on Montreal ! I have found an accomodataion with a family in Laval, close to CPIVAS but I will travel to Montreal often. I have a few good contacts there !
I really NEED quiet countries so slowing down in Galway will be a fantastic opportunity to reduce my high stress level !
I am going to write a small article about Galway on the world forum.
Thank you for your support and love.
Caro

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.