This is somewhat in response to a previous poster from a while ago who commented about having to pay for a therapist, but in case you are a college student (or perhaps grad student/med student/law student), there is usually a therapist you can see for FREE in your school. Yes, they are there for you (best of all it's free and confidential). You might have to do some research on your school, but there should be at least one therapist you can see while you're at school (it might be under counseling services and the like in your student handbook/website). Churches are also another free resource. Regardless of where you find your counselor, please be careful with whomever you choose for your counselor--take things with a grain of salt (especially if you have contrasting beliefs that are completely unrelated to your abuse because that could lead to even more confusion). Anyway, just an FYI.