Newest Members
majidahsan, Will85, miguel321col, Healing light, Loni55
13874 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brian3022 (45), drewbe2 (55), GT13568 (59), Jay1159 (41), kevin308 (51), kharlow146 (61), RTA_Anaphe Support (42), susoicious parent (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (Confused52), 20 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,874 Registered Members
75 Forums
72,185 Topics
504,372 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#530516 - 01/06/19 07:45 PM Re: Is circumcision abuse? [Re: Dale English]
CelloL Offline

Loc: Missouri
My wife told me my father in law had to have his foreskin removed in his early 60's for some medical reason. I didn't ask for any details.

When my son was born I left the decision to my wife. She said women prefer men to be circumsized. A few years later my nephew's circumcision was botched and had to be redone, apparently still not quite right. (Told to me by my wife.) To do over I think I would have told my wife no to having our son circumcised.

#530526 - 01/06/19 11:00 PM Re: Is circumcision abuse? [Re: CelloL]
Suwanee Offline
Chat Moderator

Loc: SE USA
Originally Posted By CelloL
She said women prefer men to be circumsized. To do over I think I would have told my wife no to having our son circumcised.

I consider myself very open-minded about gender issues, but I discovered that by and large, what women think about foreskins, speedos, shorts above the knee---or what men think women think about those topics is often way off base.

In my case, the perp was jealous of my foreskin, but the handful girls/women I met and managed to get intimate with were somewhat freaked out because they had never seen a natural penis before. It didn't look like their ex-boyfriend, cousin, brother (eww)---whoever. My wife has no preference either way, but after research, she deferred to me, but felt it was unnecessary to subject our son to it. Easy---"Nope". I'm one of only 10-15% of guys my age who weren't circumcised. Among our son's age group (he’s almost 13), 45% aren't cut, so he has plenty of company. At this point, there shouldn't be locker room shame either way.

Will
Better than before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H8optu9rTU

#530532 - 01/07/19 10:17 AM Re: Is circumcision abuse? [Re: Dale English]
TJ jeff Offline

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
WG,

I am christian in faith and as I understand it circumcision was an old testament covenant between them and God so as to stand apart from the Gentiles - we today no longer have to live under the old covenant and therefore circumcision is no longer a religious requirement

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#530533 - 01/07/19 10:40 AM Re: Is circumcision abuse? [Re: Dale English]
Strangeways Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I have no doubt that not only is infant circumcision abuse, it partially explains why U.S. males are so much more prone to violence than men in other countries.

The body remembers. The pain and suffering of infant circumcision has to go somewhere.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.