Newest Members
majidahsan, Will85, miguel321col, Healing light, Loni55
13874 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brian3022 (45), drewbe2 (55), GT13568 (59), Jay1159 (41), kevin308 (51), kharlow146 (61), RTA_Anaphe Support (42), susoicious parent (53)
Who's Online
6 registered (Broknwings, house, Confused52, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,874 Registered Members
75 Forums
72,185 Topics
504,372 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#529949 - 12/15/18 09:29 AM A Christmas Wish
Older1 Offline

A Christmas Wish
This Holiday Season is a mixed bag for many people...... broken families, lost dreams, hardships, sickness, disease, world conflicts, tsunamis, fires, global warming, hunger, etc. For many, the cure is to look away, distance themselves from people, avoid socializing, numb emotions, and focus on materialism (things, accomplishments, certifications, ivory towers, etc.)
But, at Christmastime, we are drawn into a nostalgic and magical season where PEOPLE, friends and family are the focus, which can be hard for those who have suffered betrayal, divorce, abandonment, abuse, rejection, war, fighting, and isolation.
It is painful for those above. At Christmas they might again reject their god(s) who seemed to have abandoned them in the past. Alternatively, they must reconcile their difficult memories, and revive their trust in God, society, community, and their past. The Beatitudes in the Bible remind us that "blessed are the poor, the gentle, the mourners, the hungry, the merciful, the peacemakers, those who are insulted, and the persecuted who try to do the right thing." (Mat.5).
So, perhaps once again, as we do every year at this time, we may replace our pain and suffering with Hope, Peace, Joy and LOVE.
Conclusion: Perhaps we have no alternative than to allow LOVE to enter our hearts and guide our choices, decisions and directions. May this Christmas Season be special for you in every good way !!!!

#530084 - 12/21/18 12:45 PM Re: A Christmas Wish [Re: Older1]
Sterling Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
wow. nicely said.

xo

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.