Newest Members
WaJoKo, eartherncuppatea, jakesweden, JugglingDave, Dan981
13842 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DanielB (43), forth (57), KazuKun (40), Marinan (35), overcomer4life (46), wonderifandwhen (59)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 61 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,842 Registered Members
75 Forums
72,038 Topics
503,418 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#529739 - 12/06/18 12:05 PM A new book ... still in shock
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I've never been an "out there" kinda guy. Hold things in - don't try anything because I will fail at it. Or if not, I'll arrange it so I do fail. Or just give up and quit. My music is a good example.

This is different. With support from those closest to me, including my therapist - I have finished a major project, and am getting ready to release it. I wrote my first fiction novel. Not that big - but it's done. 200 pages. It has a strong Christian ethic, but that's me - and it's from me...

Anyhoo - passed the final steps at the publishers and is being released. It should hit lists at B&N and Amazon.com by 12/14. "Michael's Row" ... keep your eyes out. Not a long read - but, if I can say something unusual ... I think you might enjoy it.

But mostly - just help me celebrate completing something and not jumping to hide it.

Edited by MarkK (12/06/18 12:07 PM)

#529741 - 12/06/18 01:53 PM Re: A new book ... still in shock [Re: MarkK]
Chase Eric Offline

Congratulations on completing this amazing project! Wishing you every success with this.

#529743 - 12/06/18 02:42 PM Re: A new book ... still in shock [Re: MarkK]
WG Offline

Loc: WA
Yes, if I may echo Chase Eric, congratulations. I have been writing poetry for about a year now at the encouragement of my T. I read some to him in a session or two and he said I might look into sending it to a publisher. I, too, am a Christian so I chose Xulon Publishing. I just sent in the draft this past Tuesday so I'll await word from them. I, too, am one to think and believe what I have done is junk. Yet I was encouraged by those who believe in me and I went ahead. Now it's the wait-and-see period. ARGHHH! So, you get it, Mark. The waiting, the calling, the discussions and the 'will-it-sell?' feeling.....I promise you I will look for your book. Again, congratulations!

#529745 - 12/06/18 05:03 PM Re: A new book ... still in shock [Re: MarkK]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Newark, England
Hi Mark that's amazing!

I'm actually writing myself the moment, both poetry and somethings in line of short stories, no idea where to go with publishing thus far though, still thanks for the awesome example, its nice to know it's actually possible to get something out there in the public sphere.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.