Newest Members
WaJoKo, eartherncuppatea, jakesweden, JugglingDave, Dan981
13842 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DanielB (43), forth (57), KazuKun (40), Marinan (35), overcomer4life (46), wonderifandwhen (59)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 37 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,842 Registered Members
75 Forums
72,037 Topics
503,417 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#529678 - 12/03/18 08:10 PM Seeking Help
Spoiledheart Offline

Loc: Texas
I unfortunately have discovered this website as a result of longtime childhood sexual abuse i have been struggling with it for over 20 years and this year i finally had the courage to seek help after feeling very suicidal. Im currently in therapy twice a week and have been diagnosed with CPTSD and im struggling really bad and i am looking for some support as there are no male support groups where i live.

#529679 - 12/03/18 08:44 PM Re: Seeking Help [Re: Spoiledheart]
Esterio Offline

Loc: south west coast canada bc
Hi Spoiledheart

Welcome to MS. sorry for what you have been through to need a place like this. I am glad you were able to find us and reached out for help and support. You have come to a good place lots here that will understand. You are not alone in this anymore.

I have been diagnosed with cPTSD as well. I have many other trauma's plus CSA. Glad to hear you are in therapy. I hope it is helping you.

Again welcome to MS
Take Care
Esterio

#529681 - 12/03/18 09:09 PM Re: Seeking Help [Re: Spoiledheart]
Ceremony Offline
Greeter

Loc: Minnesota
Hello Spoiledheart, Indeed finding ourselves in a forum such as this can seem uncomfortable, in that we're reminded, and have found so many like ourselves. That last has become a foundation of validation for me. It took so long for me to get to this point, the cptsd seemed crushing. It does get better, and I hope you'll find the time to do the work you need.

Today I read traveler aka Lee, who wrote a part of his work that is very moving, and each of us will find things like that. Sometimes I refer to what I do as peeling an onion, and managing my parts. The emotional parts sometimes include depression for me, and managing that isn't easy. I'm learning to seek help.

Welcome, this is the first, and to me, the only place like it I've found. I searched for some time. There is a lot of experience, and compassion here. That's been a healing anchor for me, I hope you'll see that too.

#529707 - 12/04/18 05:54 PM Re: Seeking Help [Re: Spoiledheart]
WG Offline

Loc: WA
Welcome Spoiledheart - and like the others say, sorry for the reason you are in here. Yet, we understand. You are in a "band of brothers" so to speak who walk the same road. Recovery.
It takes time - and each of us is different. You take the time you need since it's your recovery. You are in control. You are the one who can, in a way, say where your therapy can go - along with your T. What I mean by that last sentence is that there were times I would ask my T if we could talk on a certain subject - and sometimes he had something for us to work on in our session. I worked on complex trauma and csa.
I've been married 37 years with 3 terrific children. My wife is supportive (it's hard for her to understand but she tries) and so are my children. They all know now.
Don't give up. Keep at it, it does get better.

#529714 - 12/05/18 08:03 AM Re: Seeking Help [Re: Spoiledheart]
BDD Offline

Loc: PA, USA
Spoiledheart,

I am so glad you found the website and are in therapy. It is a struggle. But trust me, one worth going through. Nothing will never make it not have happened, but you can change how it affects you now. You are courageous.

My avatar is the boy who was kidnapped.
He is the boy who escaped.

Owning It https://owningitlog.wordpress.com

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.