Newest Members
Belmore, WaJoKo, eartherncuppatea, jakesweden, JugglingDave
13843 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Cherub (46), Wolf71 (47)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,843 Registered Members
75 Forums
72,048 Topics
503,503 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#524148 - 05/31/18 02:39 PM Finding forgiveness
skydive4therapy Offline

Loc: California
Seems I can be very slow figuring things out.
I thought I would put this out there for other folk as it may help someone else. Maybe there were similar circumstances involved for others to consider.
Now I'm not talking about forgiveness of the perps-they can burn in hell forever!
This is about family members.
I know from things said that my mom knew something was happening-this "incident" was a family friend. But she didn't go mamma bear on him....
I always respected my parents (they're both passed away now) but this has kept a simmering anger going-why didn't she blow it up and stop him! Instead she just said a few things here and there like hoping that could stop it.
After digging and comparing notes it all makes sense now and I can understand and forgive her.
She lived thru being raped herself when she was younger. I've pretty much filled in the blanks of what happened and the afterwards.... And if she had blown it all up about what was happening to me, my dad would have gone to prison-because he would have immediately killed the bastard.
So if anyone is struggling with something similar-try looking deeper....

#524150 - 05/31/18 03:12 PM Re: Finding forgiveness [Re: skydive4therapy]
Dan99 Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Congratulations. Glad you've found a healthy resolution to that anger against your mom.

Whenever I get a breakthrough like that, I feel great about checking off one more task on the list.
love like you've never been hurt;
and live life every day as if it were your last.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.