Newest Members
chairdesklamp, Bill Ohio USA, jez, Long Way Home, Bcbornleo
13595 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bdr (54), Duane99 (2018), Henry_MD (60), Jimi (64)
Who's Online
6 registered (BDD, Noah Barrett, Searching13, Donald177, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,595 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,718 Topics
493,878 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#520035 - 01/13/18 08:53 PM Re: If Anyone Is A Praying Person.... [Re: Chris4TheMill]
newground Offline
Chat Moderator

Loc: michigan
hey chris
my issues were caused by BPH and by fear and shame on my part. it began very young ( late 30s) and i finally saw the uro when i was 46. i couldn't bear the idea of going and it caused me to pretty much melt down so far as my abuse was concerned. the testing they did sent me for a loop as well and we got the symptoms under control so I quit going for a while. when the problems came back i ended up learning to self cath which again staved off the surgery for a year or so but i didn't like or trust the doc and i just couldn't see allowing him to do anything like that invasive. after three fairly serious infections my doc talked me into changing docs and I found there was damage to the bladder and nerve damage and I had to have the surgery right away. frown I did it and then two weeks later there was bleeding and I spent another week in hospital. It was an ordeal for sure and I am still saddled with seeing them on a regular basis to deal with the damage. It is so much better to get things taken care of I hope that everything smooths out soon for you and healing is complete
Jeff

#520303 - 01/21/18 08:50 PM Re: If Anyone Is A Praying Person.... [Re: Chris4TheMill]
Chris4TheMill Offline

Loc: NY / NJ Area
Hi everyone!

Had the surgery last Wednesday and stayed 2 days in the hospital. Long story short, the surgeon said that it went well... but then he dropped a bombshell on me. He said that he is sorry, but a freak thing happened that had never happened to him before - a portion of a needle broke off in my prostate(!). (I was of course upset as he is telling me this!). He said it might not do anything bad, or it might if it "migrates." He also said it would be risky to try to remove, and that they could not safely remove it during the procedure. But he wants us to monitor it going forward. I said great, but my insurance runs out in April....:(

So after seeking advice,I opened up a case with the hospital's Patient Services unit to review the surgery because I want to be covered in case I need treatment for this going forward. They have to do a full review and interview the surgeon, etc. It takes a month or more to get their review.

In the meantime, I am trying to focus on just recovering. The pain has not been too too bad, it is just very uncomfortable and there is bleeding. Also I will not be able to get an erection apparently for a few months (which of course is completely freaky). Plus there are other hurdles to overcome going forward.

But this is the first day I am trying to sit for any length of time. My emotions have been all over the place. I have had some very serious talks with God and am just telling Him all about what I am feeling, which hasn't been good lately. I am also doing a lot of reading, and just asking Him to give me the strength to get through this, I am just worn down by all the recent surgeries and rough times I have been having.

I know this sounds depressing, but it is just a(nother) season I hope. I am basically getting through this day by day but there are times I wake up and I just cannot get out of bed. I then tell Him that He needs to give me the strength to go on or it just isn't going to happen. He usually does.

O.K., I will end here for now but wanted to give an update. I am staying at a relative's house for the next few weeks. There's still a lot to be thankful for, even though life is very difficult right now. As always, I greatly appreciate everyone's prayers and support. I hope you are all doing well this week.

Cheers,

Chris

#520333 - Yesterday at 10:20 AM Re: If Anyone Is A Praying Person.... [Re: Chris4TheMill]
CelloL Offline

Loc: Missouri
Thanks for the update, Chris. Oh, crap. A broken off needle? Yikes. Understandable you'd be upset. I hope it doesn't cause problems or pain in the future. I'll keep praying for healing.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.