Newest Members
chairdesklamp, Bill Ohio USA, jez, Long Way Home, Bcbornleo
13595 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brianna (32), Firewire (45), Floss1964 (54), gogo (47), Jake_t2398 (34)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,595 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,711 Topics
493,812 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#519754 - 01/06/18 05:13 AM My solar flight.
Noah Barrett Offline

Loc: NW Georgia USA
I've always had a very active imagination, one of the few parts of my childhood that never went away. Even now in my mid 30s, it is still just as active. It was, and is, my GoTo coping mechanism. My imagination has taken me to some amazing places and shown me some incredible things. I want to share a short one with you.

We'll start at the outer edge of the solar system and work our way in toward the Sun.

Look down, the are two spheres floating below us. One is bigger than the other. The big one is Pluto and it's smaller partner is its moon Charon. Two tiny planets frozen in time. Now look ahead. There's a tiny bright dot in the distance. It's our Home Star, our Sun. We start moving toward it, drawn in by its gravity.
As we start moving in toward the star we pick up speed. Arms stretched out we dip down into the deep blue atmosphere of Neptune and then the marble green clouds of Uranus before falling into the realm of the Giants. Slow down, stretch out your legs and dance across the rings of Saturn and swirl around the hexagon storm at its North pole. Spin away from the planet only to be captured by the biggest of them all, the mighty Jupiter. But you may want to hold your breath because the big beautiful giant has the same hydrogen sulfide gas in its clouds that makes rotten eggs stink. Jupiter's big red spot most likely smells like a big red a-hole. Seriously.
Moving along we say goodbye to the Gas Giants, and sweep in close to the main asteroid belt and hope like heck we don't crash into one. WHOA! Holy crap that was close! We better get out of here.
Shake the asteroid bits out of your hair and bank left to say hi to rusty red Mars and its two tiny moons. Wave to everyone as we glide past Earth. Watch out for the Moon! (BANG) Didn't you learn how to duck when we past the asteroids?
We're getting closer to the Sun, but first we roar past the roasted planet Venus. Slow down a bit and gaze upon beautiful cratered Mercury. Home to an impact so large it left shockwaves set in stone on the other side of the planet. Can you imagine the power it would take to do that? I can.
Slow down a little more, we've reached our Home Star. Dip into the 10,000 degree Fahrenheit surface, down past the the enormous rising streams of plasma, down into the 18 million degree core. Watch the atoms themselves crash and fuse. See the blinding wave of energy they release rise to the surface and emerge as a ray of sunshine. Now, climb on the wave and ride it back out to Pluto and start the ride again.

Thanks for reading to the end. -Noah

Edited by Noah Barrett (01/06/18 03:06 PM)

My response... they know now. I'm not going to let a guy with a longer yellow streak than a stampede of diuretic camels hold me down anymore.

need a giggle? watch this.
https://youtu.be/wuKxKbtxCV0

#519756 - 01/06/18 10:09 AM Re: My solar flight. [Re: Noah Barrett]
BDD Offline

Loc: PA, USA
Noah,

Nice full circle!
Thanks for the ride, I felt your exhilaration.

#519964 - 01/11/18 10:48 PM Re: My solar flight. [Re: Noah Barrett]
Sterling Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
I just read this.
This can be a nice children's book Noah.
I like your imagination.
Sorry , I got to this late.
I really liked this.
Why not turn it into a short story? Little boys and girls
could dream of this....

James

#519997 - 01/12/18 06:59 PM Re: My solar flight. [Re: Noah Barrett]
Noah Barrett Offline

That was the short version of that one. It's not all space adventures tho. I've put alot of things on paper but I never show them to anyone. I'll share more here soon. I grew up in the 80's and 90's and watched all the cheesy fantasy films of the time. The Never Ending Story was one of my favorites. Goonies, Flight of the Navigator, Shortcurcuit, it's a long list. My imagination was always my escape. I still go there alot. My own little world where nothing bad happens. I'm glad you liked it. -Noah

My response... they know now. I'm not going to let a guy with a longer yellow streak than a stampede of diuretic camels hold me down anymore.

#520028 - 01/13/18 06:54 PM Re: My solar flight. [Re: Noah Barrett]
Sterling Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
And Noah, why stop there?
This could be a play for elementary children.
Kids love fantasy!
Ill tell you , I rarely watch t.v./ movies.
But , if this was put together in a high budget film
( what you wrote above)
I would be first in line to pay $15 bucks to watch this in
a theatre.
Obviously I visualized and embarked your journey / fantasy...
but its exciting.
This is the dreamlike I need to take me away from my thinking.
Thanks again.
And I am writing down the list of movies you mentioned...
I will try to find time to watch one or two over the computer.
Thanks.
James

#520060 - 01/14/18 07:22 PM Re: My solar flight. [Re: Noah Barrett]
Noah Barrett Offline

Thank you. That really means alot. I didn't think anyone would like it. That's what I like the most about MS. You and everyone else I've talked to here has given me nothing but love and understanding. I wish I had found this years ago. It's not just everyone helping me in my recovery but you've given me new things to think about and different ways of looking at things. I'd never considered children's books. "My Solar Flight" is almost 8 notebook pages long but I could stretch it out to 15 or 20 pages. School plays too. You've given me another way to share what I have, to express myself. -Dont put your fingers in your nose. Your boogers will bite.- Something my mom used to say. Totally unrelated to this but it randomly crossed my mind, so there ya go.
There's another survivor here I've been talking to. He's an actual real life artist. He said he liked the story. That really lifted me up. Thank you Sterling, BDD. Thank you all. 😂👽👾

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.