Newest Members
chairdesklamp, Bill Ohio USA, jez, Long Way Home, Bcbornleo
13595 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bdr (54), Duane99 (2018), Henry_MD (60), Jimi (64)
Who's Online
7 registered (Noah Barrett, Searching13, Donald177, anxietydepressio, SDD757, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,595 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,718 Topics
493,878 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#519428 - 12/29/17 12:49 PM Profile Pictures
LoneWolfX Offline

I would like to use a profile picture but
I would only like it to be visible to registered
members (those logged in).

It would seem profile pictures are visible to guests.

#519431 - 12/29/17 02:33 PM Re: Profile Pictures [Re: LoneWolfX]
Ceremony Offline
Greeter

Loc: Minnesota
You'll have to donate to become a member, then you'll have other Forums available. However, the picture is visible in these Forums if you post here. I'm nor a paid member so I don't know those other Forums? They'll be like these, but private.

You have to specify that you are joining to post in the Private part of Male Survivor. I don't know exactly in what message box that's done, I presume, that while donating, a message box is available?

Look for donating on the main page, or try to find more information in the Guidelines?

Anyway, your pic will still be seen if you post here. I know the pic will change all the past posts too. Meaning, the first post will gain your new pic. All posts with your name will have that pic.

#519441 - 12/29/17 04:48 PM Re: Profile Pictures [Re: LoneWolfX]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: resettling in NE Ohio
. . . and just to let you know, the members forum has very little traffic. i joined because i wanted to support the organization and thought i would be getting more access but discovered that few people post there very often. i don't really mind that. i think most of us use the regular forums more because there are more readers and responders.

lee
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?...
Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails....
Habakkuk 1:2-3

#519446 - 12/29/17 06:22 PM Re: Profile Pictures [Re: LoneWolfX]
LoneWolfX Offline

Sorry I may not have been clear. I do not mean paid members I just mean people who have registered i.e. people who log in. I don't mind people who have logged in seeing a profile pic but I feel reluctant for guests browsing the site to see my pic.

#519449 - 12/29/17 07:16 PM Re: Profile Pictures [Re: LoneWolfX]
Ceremony Offline
Greeter

Loc: Minnesota
ahhh, the only way to avoid the public seeing it, is to not create an Icon using your actual photo.

However, you can create one offsite, and post a link to those whom you wish to share. I'm unsure of benefits, but, there's some connection for me, that others see my boyhood photo, the eyes that I see me with, which I've grown to see others.

Too, eyesight isn't the only sense to see. Hearing, or touch are known to help connect people. Hellen Keller is the example I think of.

You've found a voice LownWolfX, I'm glad you've joined, be well.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.