Newest Members
mattevans, Arle30, SuAn, Tranquil, smichael
13561 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (34), GregoryP (53), GregoryParcell (53), junior (57), KDW78 (39), nansogre (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (5 invisible), 54 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,561 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,523 Topics
492,508 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#516430 - 10/18/17 01:57 PM Important Info About HPV & Cancer
Chris4TheMill Offline

Loc: NY / NJ Area
Guys,

This is really important info, although a bit scary to read. Many men are exposed to the HPV virus through oral sex (mostly with women, as they carry more of the virus), and the virus might have no symptoms until they show up years later in the form of oral cancer.

A Silent Epidemic Of Cancer Is Rising Among Men

My Dad just had this cancer and had to go through treatment at age 84 - 85 which almost killed him. His doctors said he basically contracted the HPV virus through promiscuous sexual activity when he was younger (he was very promiscuous). They said that not all HPV viruses lead to the cancer, just a few strains.

Something to be aware of, and maybe ask your doctor about if you suspect you might be at risk.

#516433 - 10/18/17 03:36 PM Re: Important Info About HPV & Cancer [Re: Chris4TheMill]
manipulated Offline
Greeter

Loc: Great Lakes Wine Country
Chris

Thank you for posting. I have been following the HPV mouth and throat epidemic in men since I started having clients with no tobacco use falling victim about 5 years ago. Their stories (5 I think now) are exactly the gentleman in the article: No risk factors no signs/symptoms until too late. Frustrating to be 59 and nothing to do but wait.... but no additional risk factors so I will eat and be merry instead of worry I guess.
.......................-- Dr. Seuss

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.