Newest Members
SuAn, Tranquil, smichael, bushydw, Teddyboy1969
13559 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BruisedSpirit (44), EyesWideOpen (44), Razor (38), roger (37)
Who's Online
6 registered (Rdphish73, anxietydepressio, Ceremony, 3 invisible), 51 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,559 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,515 Topics
492,447 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#515630 - 09/26/17 12:17 AM Insurance BULLSHIT!
TeeJayUU Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MidWest
My insurance company sent my therapist a letter warning her that I had used an exhorbanent amount of time with her. An hour every two to three weeks....
Hmm wanna pay for when my shit hits the fan without her help?!?!?!?! GRRRRRR!

#515631 - 09/26/17 01:27 AM Re: Insurance BULLSHIT! [Re: TeeJayUU]
manipulated Offline
Greeter

Loc: Great Lakes Wine Country
TeeJay

Sounds like typical HMO bull. And Michigan is planning on handing the public mental health Medicaid and healthy Michigan expanded Medicaid dollars to them for management starting next month.

I am lucky with my health plan I have actually saved premium dollars and have had unlimited coverage for my T once the high deductible is met each year under Affordable/Obama/Care Act. It was very limited visits per year and a relative low lifetime limit until the abolishment of preexisting conditions. This ridiculous "cost savings" imposed by a legislature that does not think mental health treatment is any different than physical health also threatens the parity Michigan had started to have between physical health and mental health.

(pick your name I don't care what you call the act it HAS lowered my premiums and increased mental health coverage for me.)

Edited by manipulated (09/26/17 01:34 AM)
.......................-- Dr. Seuss

#515637 - 09/26/17 03:16 AM Re: Insurance BULLSHIT! [Re: TeeJayUU]
Chris4TheMill Offline

Loc: NY / NJ Area
So, here's my messed-up situation: My insurance has not paid my one therapist since February...!!
So he said we could not continue to meet until he got paid or was able to figure out what could be done to speed the back-payment up.
So I have not seen him now for the past 6 weeks.

I am supposed to have unlimited mental health coverage, so this is all such B.S.
I tried to intervene on his behalf and see if I could grease the wheels, but we have to go through a TPA and they are of no help.

I was seeing a back-up therapist until he went on vacation for 3 weeks.
So I will not see the 2nd guy again until Sept. 28.

Been flying solo - my journaling and a few Meet Up groups have been helping in the meantime.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.