Newest Members
twinker, LaneFiasco95, Kristabar, tom93, ninjei
13513 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bcb00 (41), beginning (37), Gary H. (44), jewelmom (66), kdg2310 (58), Li Yuki (2017), monarchnaps (39), Neverquit (33), Nord (61), SoSad (48)
Who's Online
1 registered (Golden_Phoenix), 27 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,513 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,191 Topics
490,099 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#515541 - 09/23/17 04:09 AM long time, no me
usmc97 Online   crying

Loc: Colorado
Back after a lot of years, sorry for anyone that were hurt or felt hurt by me.

It's not my heart ever to hurt anyone, especially any of you guys.

going through a lot, which has always been "normal" for me, but I'm struggling hard lately. I don't know what I need, but I do need. I don't know where to turn so much of the time.

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#515547 - 09/23/17 07:51 AM Re: long time, no me [Re: usmc97]
Ceremony Offline
Greeter

Loc: Minnesota

Edited by Ceremony (09/24/17 02:10 PM)
Edit Reason: *

#515634 - 09/26/17 01:42 AM Re: long time, no me [Re: usmc97]
manipulated Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Great Lakes Wine Country
welcome back.
.......................-- Dr. Seuss

#515732 - 09/28/17 01:44 PM Re: long time, no me [Re: usmc97]
Donald177 Offline

Loc: Virginia
Welcome back, usmc97,

I think we all struggle and some days are worse than others. I am glad you are here, but I am sorry for the reasoning you are here. Please reach out on those hard days. As you know, the men here are very supportive, encouraging, and will offer their support. Feel free to message me anytime. Continuing healing. Take care of yourself.

Many blessings,
Donald

#516013 - 10/09/17 10:54 AM Re: long time, no me [Re: usmc97]
motmcd Offline

Loc: PA
Welcome back, usmc97. Glad you're here.

Tom

https://bristleconeproject.org/men/tom-mcdevitt/

#516059 - 10/11/17 12:31 AM Re: long time, no me [Re: usmc97]
Eternal18 Offline

Hi. I think I can relate. I feel like I'm back at school in this forum and everyone is the same as me this time. It's comforting.

#516378 - 10/17/17 07:31 PM Re: long time, no me [Re: usmc97]
Esterio Offline

Loc: canada bc
Hi usmc97
Welcome back. Glad to have had conversations with you in the chat room. Life is hard and throws us lots of curve balls. Myself it is one day today that I am trying to get through. Glad you came back sorry for what you have been through it is a lot of pain for one to have. This is a good place to come and get things off your mind. Take care of yourself. Life can get better.
peace be safe

#516419 - 10/18/17 06:16 AM Re: long time, no me [Re: usmc97]
usmc97 Online   crying

Loc: Colorado
I've looked to see some of my older posts and feel pretty bad about how I responded to guys who were just trying to comprehend what I was trying to communicate and be supportive.

If any of the guys are still around here I just want them to understand how my perceptions of things then were really being twisted by overmedication of wrong meds and being at the mercy of doctors on top of my being extremely scared trying to get a handle on what I deal with. I'm still responsible to some extent and that's why I've felt a need to say i'm sorry in this or another post to them.

I appreciate you guys being welcoming

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#516432 - 10/18/17 03:34 PM Re: long time, no me [Re: usmc97]
scottyg Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Seattle
Yeah, we all say stupid hurtful shit, some of us more than others. I still do all the time. And I struggle with the same hangups you wrote about back in the day. (I researched). But we also grow and strive to be better than the person we once were. It sounds like you're doing that now with this apology.

Let me ask you this: what could else the MS site provide to you that would empower your healing?

Thinking of starting some new iniatives on this platform and for the org. at large (BTW I'm a new member of the MS Board of Directors) As someone who's used Male Survivor resources a long time I wonder if you have any ideas about additional services you'd like to see. It's okay of you don't know. Think on it, yeah?

Scott A. Grossman

#516511 - 10/19/17 07:25 PM Re: long time, no me [Re: usmc97]
Esterio Offline

Loc: canada bc
Hi there usmc97

We all respond badly at times, those are most likely times that are very hard on us as well. I can understand where it comes from know of some of your trauma. I think people get over stuff very quick as they realize you are hurting also. So I don't know that apologies are necessary but maybe welcome by some. Not necessary for me I am ok with you saying what you need to and make my own decision to read.

I had to leave once when you were talking in chat about the preacher. It stressed me badly. It did not trigger me as I got away fast enough. I do not see that has your problem I see it as mine and something I need to work on.

Church was one place that I was attack and made do things I didn't want to. I trigger when entering the basement of any church still today and that was around 50 years ago.

I say you have to get it out when it is ready to come out so let it fly. We can decide if we can read it. We can leave and take a break and maybe next time it comes up it won't be as hard for us to listen to it. Exposure to this stuff helps.

I encourage you to talk as you need to and we will read if we are able. You are a good man and have a lot of pain. I am here if you need my support or just my ear.
Peace be safe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.