Newest Members
mattevans, Arle30, SuAn, Tranquil, smichael
13561 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (34), GregoryP (53), GregoryParcell (53), junior (57), KDW78 (39), nansogre (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 55 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,561 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,523 Topics
492,508 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#510447 - 05/15/17 10:49 PM Anesthetize Sexuality ***TRIGGERS***
BDD Offline

Loc: PA, USA
I talked about this a bit over in books , but I want talk about frankly about sexuality.

I’ve been reading The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D. There’s a phrase that rings so true to me:
“Victims of childhood sexual abuse may anesthetize their sexuality”

I printed it out, not that I need a fucking reminder? Oddly seeing the truth in black and white grounds me. I always felt like my privates were sprayed with novocain. I was going to blog about it, but it’s to raw. I’m so fucking angry. I feel like something got stolen from me.

When I woke up being molested I didn’t feel anything other than repulsed that he was slopping on me. I suppose like all 14 year olds I had an erection while I was asleep. But in that nanosecond of figuring out what he was doing and consciousness there was no tiny flash pleasure, just numb and repulsed.

I’ve never felt pleasure from getting oral sex. It’s like a switch is turned off. I’ve been exploring and experiencing sensation on my own. I’ve even pleasured myself. I never thought I would. I’m thinking/feeling I am ready to be with someone and allow myself to experience oral sex.

Has anyone else felt anesthetized?
If so, were you able to be with someone else?

#510461 - 05/16/17 01:41 AM Re: Anesthetize Sexuality ***TRIGGERS*** [Re: BDD]
LinEar Offline

Loc: USA
Hey BDD,

You're certainly not alone with this. I've experienced the same thing. I seem to go from one extreme to the other when it comes to these types of physical feelings -- either feeling nothing, or feeling so much that something that normally should be pleasurable is totally overwhelming to the point of being "painful", but doesn't feel like pain, if that makes sense.

I've been able to be with someone else, but the unpredictably and not knowing myself how I'm going to react to it in that moment, which extreme I'm going to feel, isn't exactly conducive to spontaneity or a healthy physical relationship.

My silence is my self-defense.

#510483 - 05/16/17 12:08 PM Re: Anesthetize Sexuality ***TRIGGERS*** [Re: LinEar]
BDD Offline

Loc: PA, USA
Hi LinEar,

Thank you for telling me that.
I'm trying to get to a place where I can be spontaneous. I've started doing yoga to be more at ease in a room full of people. Far from intimate I know, but exposed and scary.

#510486 - 05/16/17 12:44 PM Re: Anesthetize Sexuality ***TRIGGERS*** [Re: BDD]
LinEar Offline

Loc: USA
I think that's a great start. Some of the poses I've done alone really help to relax my body.

My silence is my self-defense.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.