Newest Members
bushydw, Teddyboy1969, Ransuko, Lovme4me, MRSAS
13556 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Archnut (62), CruxFidelis (36), HenryinJax (39), Jesse92 (25), psychfred (2017), weejimmy (58)
Who's Online
5 registered (Rich1967, anxietydepressio, Esterio, 2 invisible), 61 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,556 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,495 Topics
492,300 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#508011 - 03/23/17 05:10 PM Weighing in- Religion can add stress to being LGBT
Ceremony Offline
Greeter

Loc: Minnesota
I'm none of LGBTQ, but have/had friends who are. To me, there is a concerted effort toward marginalizing and skewing the realities that LGBTQ live. I'm an ally and to me, things like Conversion-Therapy, banning the existence of being transgender, and the current political climate we are immersed in has given me reason to post.

So, I googled this for a start:

"A New Jersey Judge Called B.S. on a Conversion-Therapy Group

This is part of it and the spread of bills introduced and passed in NC and TX, getting headlines in MT to marginalize Transgender rights to bathroom access or that they exist like in Montana, is relevant to being a survivor.

The reason it's relevant is that many survivors are LGBTQ and it's beyond the time to step up and ally with the trouble that the current political climate has undertaken to distort their rights or dismiss their existence (such as Transgender in Montana) So, if you think this doesn't belong on MS, then tell my how supporting the marginalized LGBTQ among survivors and their real and relevant trials in some sectors of society can be discussed? Supporting and being an ally to me, requires that I speak out.

I know about Appropriation and since I start this that I'm only an ally, it makes me pause. So, there's that!

Edited by Ceremony (03/23/17 05:12 PM)
Edit Reason: Appropriation

#508013 - 03/23/17 05:25 PM Re: Weighing in- Religion can add stress to being LGBT [Re: Ceremony]
Ceremony Offline
Greeter

Loc: Minnesota
So, again, acknowledging how this Appropriates those whose lives would speak directly of what I post, I am now going to make my take on being LGBTQ expressed. To me, I as a cis-gender might be allowed to express that I could chose to consider my sexuality late in life. Though my nature/nurture had little influence on my sexuality, my sense of it developed to seek opposite sex.

During the same time, I had no opinion about same sex, nor gender orientation. I had mistakes about it too. It been recent that I understand the way Transgender people speak about their lives. I support that. I've long had acceptance of gay or bi lifestyles and in my life, there's important stories that have shown I have benefited befriending those of the LGBTQ communities.

What I started out with here, that I have a choice to seek any change of my sexuality is to be very specific the distinction between having that option, and those who have expressed to me their gay life. My gay friends new they were gay at a very early age, and will adamantly refuse any argument that their influences of nurture had any causation. That's very important to me, I defer and will not distort it. I think very carefully about appropriating the message and defining of how the LGBTQ community expresses their existence, lifestyle and how they formed their emotional and mental development.

When any LGBTQ states they knew they were born LGBTQ, that's the truth and I honor it! Period!

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.