Newest Members
tobefree151, firethatwounds, 1martaalling124, Nalh78, bs95
13330 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
CanadaGuy (64), Darkheart (45), EricLA (57), Samuel C. Miles (62)
Who's Online
3 registered (Donald177, zookeeper, 1 invisible), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,330 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,062 Topics
480,748 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#506686 - Yesterday at 12:06 AM What made you feel good today?
greenwizard Offline

Loc: PA
I thought maybe I'd put this here so we could share the good things in our lives. Things that made us smile.

I will start by saying I worked up the courage to do a very good thing for me.

Also, on her way home from work my girlfriend stopped at the store and bought me a bottle cream soda, which I love. Then we sat on the couch and she gave me a foot rub, total heaven!

#506687 - Yesterday at 01:35 AM Re: What made you feel good today? [Re: greenwizard]
Tom E. Offline

Loc: FL
What made me feel good? Well I woke up, prayed for help from HP,
exercised, ate pretty healthy, coffee is always good, listened
to music by Cecil Taylor, showered, went to a 12 step meeting, came home, watched SNL, & now just chillin'...
played my guitar too.... not bad.... --- Tom E

#506696 - Yesterday at 09:39 AM Re: What made you feel good today? [Re: greenwizard]
WG Offline

Loc: WA
Since it's around 630AM Sunday morning as I type this, I'll tell what was good yesterday : I woke up - at this age (I'm almost 63) that's a good thing. Read my Bible. I had breakfast with my wife - 35 years of marriage - good coffee, greeted the new day with going to the supermarket, hardware store, another mug of coffee, received a telephone call from our son, saw our 2 daughters and grandson, made pumpkin bread, talked with my wife about our upcoming move to a smaller home - no need for this huge home with all the kids grown and gone - had supper and watched the old Star Trek series , and had a good night's sleep. Just another day. I'm alive and I am in recovery from CSA - and I'm still here.

#506698 - Yesterday at 09:54 AM Re: What made you feel good today? [Re: greenwizard]
Ceremony Offline

Loc: Minnesota
The sun has been around for a few days. I've slept a little better for a few days, sort of. At least I think it's true. The cat still likes to cuddle (it's all her benefit for petting) but the truth is, I like her to cuddle for petting. Then a couple of times yesterday my son liked to just talk to me, and we played a game together. Late, we had dinner at Applebees, just my son, my wife begged off. Then, later still we watched some SNL together. He's been getting into it, and I love that!

Then, one day prior, Friday, I had a short but satisfying visit to my mom's house. My son went with too. I got a chance to catch up, and we talked about my arthritis. I was encouraged to call an Orthopedic Surgeon she knows and has used. I made an appointment for this coming Monday, and that was quick! I have had endless pain for about a year, all day, every day, and the diagnosis was arthritis. I saw the image. I'm not going to be happy. And the pain is spreading up into my hip, because I limp so badly. I can barely walk, even this morning it's unbearable, and I'm considering calling off going to church. We've been having good family time because of the church outing. Our daughter has been picking up our family, and we go out for lunch after. It's been a good time. But, sometimes I have worked, and others I've been sick or in too much pain, like today. But, there is that chance, that chance to be with family that I so aspire and desire will happen and continue. So, that's a good thing. Now, will my body stop interfering? That visit to my mom, was good because I was able to get permission from the doctor to take time off from work. My part time job would have me on my feet, walking concrete for hours! Not good.

So, Friday, a good, productive visit to mom!! That's a real accomplishment for me!

Note, if someday I have a share about my wife, I will relish sharing it.

Adding, this song just popped up on my YouTube stream for this morning, I know it from late 1976 when I was 15:

Edited by Ceremony (Yesterday at 09:59 AM)
Edit Reason: Boston: "More Than a Feeling"

#506708 - Yesterday at 11:49 AM Re: What made you feel good today? [Re: greenwizard]
greenwizard Offline

The sun being out is good. I just checked the weather report, and it's supposed to be nice the next few days. This weather is really not normal for Pennsylvania in February, but I'll take it. I really don't like snow.

#506755 - Today at 02:37 PM Re: What made you feel good today? [Re: greenwizard]
greenwizard Offline

Bacon for brunch!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.