Newest Members
twinker, LaneFiasco95, Kristabar, tom93, ninjei
13513 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bcb00 (41), beginning (37), Gary H. (44), jewelmom (66), kdg2310 (58), Li Yuki (2017), monarchnaps (39), Neverquit (33), Nord (61), SoSad (48)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,513 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,193 Topics
490,102 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#505597 - 01/11/17 08:15 PM 3 times as an adult
Tom E. Offline

Loc: FL
Hi, Tom E. here-
My 1st adult rape was at 19 y.o. by a gay counselor who I thought would help me with my sexuality issues, instead he got me so drunk I couldn't walk, put me to bed & did it to me.. insane thing is, I thought this meant we were in a relationship & went back to him for more, for a few months..he stole my virginity, anally...
My 2nd rape was the following year at 20 y.o., I got extremely drunk at a party & again was staggering all over the place, this guy offered to help me home to my apartment, somewhere along the line I went into a blackout, I came out of it screaming while he raped me but I couldn't say STOP...
The last was at 27 or 28 y.o.I brought a guy home with me to my parents' house who were away, as soon as we got in the door he shoved me down on the floor ripped my pants & undies down and shoved it in.
I went numb and placid.. he let me up, I pulled my clothes up and he was following behind me while I in a daze started up the stairs. He then shoved me face 1st down on the stairs & ripped my clothes down again & did it again, I got up & totally shut down brought him to my bedroom & I don't remember much after that, but I remember giving him directions the next morning on how to get back to the highway... it really sucks when you have no power or self-worth &
there are people out there ready & willing to take advantage of you..

#505598 - 01/11/17 08:29 PM Re: 3 times as an adult - Triggers [Re: Tom E.]
Ceremony Offline
Greeter

Loc: Minnesota
Hi TomE,

I'm sorry that happened Tom. And the memories can be triggering. Being vulnerable in our histories is complex, we each have lived in a way that formed some of our thinking, feeling and behavior. When our/my vulnerable state us attacked, we/I know a means to manage what happens. Your feelings and security need love, friendship, empathy, compassion and the perpetrators reject that. They're predatory sociopaths, not giving, just takjng!

It's hard to share, I cried and cried, after some time, sharing has leveled out. The more I speak my truth, the less those horrors are haunting me. I haven't had a rape flashback for some time. I'm glad to read your truth, I know the hurt, the doubt, the deep pain.

(((TomE)))

Be well, it's safe to express you truth here, you're accepted, wanted.

#505609 - 01/12/17 03:01 AM Re: 3 times as an adult - Triggers [Re: Tom E.]
Tom E. Offline

Thank you Ceremony, I know it get's better.. the adolescence abuse started at 10 ended at 15 with bullying thrown in for good measure.--- Tom E

#505914 - 01/23/17 05:59 PM Re: 3 times as an adult - Triggers [Re: Tom E.]
Sterling Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
Sorry Tom E.

#505929 - 01/24/17 08:31 AM Re: 3 times as an adult - Triggers [Re: Tom E.]
Tom E. Offline

Thanks Sterling-
I'm a lot better now
-- T

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.