Newest Members
MDboy301, notsmart, Monsoon, Raioraio, Hoss
13459 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (38), Framery (47), JohanDoug (73), ltlkty (58), Rdphish73 (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (DanielQ432, house, 1 invisible), 77 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,459 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,778 Topics
487,166 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#505517 - 01/09/17 04:39 PM I'm new to this forum
Tom E. Offline

Loc: FL
Hi All!
Tom here. I'm a survivor of sex abuse & bullying starting at 10, but mainly 12 - 15, then because of extreme intoxication, I was sexually assaulted at 19 & 20 & dominated roughly for the last time at 28... I've endured depression, PTSD symptoms, I'm in recovery from alcohol & drug addiction & sex addiction. I see a counselor & on psyche meds for depression, I also attend a lot of 12-step meetings for my addictions. My love & support & best wishes go out to all survivors out there! --- Tom E

#505518 - 01/09/17 04:57 PM Re: I'm new to this forum [Re: Tom E.]
Ceremony Online   confused

Loc: Minnesota
Welcome Tom,
I hope you'll find MS has a lot of opportunities to work on and explore yourself. Posting itself, an expression of wakening ourselves. I've discovered support, affirmation and that I can vent. There's a lot if opportunity to listen as well.

Take the time to read each forum description, and check in to "Active Topics". I know many chat. It could be hit or miss for timing? I don't chat because smart phones aren't supported by the format. My computer broke. Eventually I expect to get another?

Best wishes.
a collection of things,
a panoply not rare.
https://youtu.be/6nQc1ADbWLA
This is the story of my rape, posted on MS:
http://www.discussion.malesurvivor.org/b...1680#Post501680

#505520 - 01/09/17 05:12 PM Re: I'm new to this forum [Re: Tom E.]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern US
Hi Tom E - WELCOME

I'm glad you joined MS, and look forward to your insights and thoughts as we continue the healing journey.

CJ

#505527 - 01/09/17 06:25 PM Re: I'm new to this forum [Re: Tom E.]
manipulated Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Great Lakes Wine Country
Welcome.

Glad you found us. Sorry why you are here. You are NOT alone.

#505536 - 01/09/17 08:06 PM Re: I'm new to this forum [Re: Tom E.]
woodenshoes Offline

Tom.E

Welcome to ms. Sorry you need to be part of this club. Wish you success in your healing path.

Ws

#505538 - 01/09/17 09:22 PM Re: I'm new to this forum [Re: Ceremony]
Tom E. Offline

New Order-- very cool, love them .. Joy Division too

#505541 - 01/10/17 12:22 AM Re: I'm new to this forum [Re: Tom E.]

Thanks Tom. I find the music has kept me going for decades. More New Order for me. I've felt sorry about Ian all these years, his sadness seemed indicative of our own afflictions. There's forum for expression here too. And Poetry.
a collection of things,
a panoply not rare.

#505548 - 01/10/17 06:54 AM Re: I'm new to this forum [Re: Tom E.]
KMCINVA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Tom E

I am sorry to hear of all you endured. I am glad you found your way here--the people here are supportive and do not judge.

I hope you heal well and share as you feel safe.

Kevin

#505569 - 01/10/17 09:05 PM Re: I'm new to this forum [Re: Ceremony]
Tom E. Offline

Hi Ceremony--
Ian Curtis' lyrics were stunning in the depth of their emotional content. I also like Wire a lot and David Sylvian, Japan ...and, of course... Lou Reed , Velvet Underground, David Bowie, Iggy Pop...
Modest Mouse, The Fugs, Radiohead... Jazz artists, 20th century classical music, 60's classic rock, the "Beat Writers", etc.etc.etc.
the list goes on & on...

#505572 - 01/10/17 10:34 PM Re: I'm new to this forum [Re: Tom E.]

I can relate to your consideration for a broad listening list. I know if most of those. Iggy, David, Lou, Wire, V.U., M.M. and Radiohead. Not a deep fan of many bands though, I do like many, all those, and hundreds. I like talking about bands, but know few of their artists, sort of. It depends on the band. I know few song title too, but thousands of songs.

Yeah the 60's-70's got me started. I went with Led Z. L, Pink Floyd, CCR, Jefferson Starship, Styx, Boston, Eric Clapton, ABBA, James Brown, Earth Wind and Fire, Kool n the Gang, and so many more...

The Eighties, especially 1980, I wanted to mix punk and New Wave😊 into it. Talking Heads, Blondie, Sex Pistols, Hoosker du, the Clash, Yaz and the bands took off....

Echo n the Bunnymen, U2, the Police, Prince, Rick James... mid 80's wow, so much to hear...

New Order, Old JD, Pixies, PiL, Big Audio Dynamite, Zymox, Sisters of Mercy, Ministry, Meat Beat Manifesto, KMFDM, Siouxsie, Flaming Lips, and one of my favorites Public Enemy... very incomplete list...

I can appreciate a huge variety, but almost all excludes country or some jazz, and some classical. I dig funky, beat driven, beautiful vocals, piano, guitar, and a a lot of the far side. But never the hardest metal. Didn't/don't see the point.

Sharing is kinda fun. Memories and exploring new is always cool. Lately I've revisited almost all Public Enemy and Mr. Chuck D's new project: "Prophets of Rage". My music hasn't exactly been Mellowing with age. But, I do appreciate a much wider variety as I age.
a collection of things,
a panoply not rare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.