Newest Members
Pjc2124, TheFishinHippie, Pyro, crabtree22, vsimiola
13263 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Phildog40 (48), Socrates10 (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Ceremony, 2 invisible), 52 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,263 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,757 Topics
478,566 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#504514 - 12/01/16 03:48 PM Sharing
mikewww Offline

At 20, I am now accepting that I must come out and express and present myself more often as a female. Throughout my childhood, I often felt like a girl and especially now in my friendships and relationships with both men and women. My mom seems understanding, accepting and is supportive, and just wants me to be happy.
So far, I dress "unisex" style, but I want to include more feminine clothing.
In my present job as a butler/servant in a large estate-mansion I do have the freedom to dress as a girl (maid/server), so I am actually gaining some practice, and I like it, and call myself 'Keisha'.
I now need to venture further and explore my feelings, especially in relation to my childhood sexual abuses.
I would welcome tips from others here who are/were in similar situations with these feelings.
Keisha / Mike

#504520 - 12/01/16 05:17 PM Re: Sharing [Re: mikewww]
Ceremony Online   confused

Loc: Minnesota
Thank you Keisha. I became more attuned to Trans or gender neutral issues about 2 years ago. I read a blog advocating Trans issues every day. It helped me to see what advocating for oneself, and community means. She is wonderful, and I'm very appreciative she posts very often.

Maybe you would find it good to read her blog posts? She's advocating in a broad sense of issues, so, it's fine if you want more transitioning blog reading? I've watched many YouTube and other videos she's posted, and see many transitioning people. Validation is a good feeling, and there is a lot of support. Sadly, negative reactionaries will trod on the good feelings. Politics in particular will be a strain for some Trans folk.

I like to read about it because I too advocate in blogs. For accepting people and being in politics to foment good for all. Idealist dreamer, tempered with heavy doses of reality.

Best wishes dear.

#504571 - Today at 08:54 AM Re: Sharing [Re: mikewww]
Older1 Offline

Loc: Canada
Dear Mike / Keisha;
Allowing yourself to experience diversity, variety and acceptance opens your mind and spirit to being fully integrated within yourself and open with others.
I held my secrets for decades (that I had been abused, and that I felt attracted to other boys and men). I branded myself with shame and self loathing which sent my inner child into hiding. Only in recent years have I made peace with my myself and my past. The result has brought me a sense of peace, integrity, worthiness, and deserving to belong in community and society.
I no longer must hide myself, hide my past and hold secrets; I now can feel free to discover who I am. I am still discovering.
As survivors we begin to build trust in ourselves and others and gradually engage more fully with community and in relationships.
Best wishes with your ongoing discoveries and progress. It sounds like you have opened doors to a new era of self-awareness, self-discovery, self-respect, self-challenge, and positive decision-making.
Please know that you are not alone; many of us have struggled at growing from our hurting child into a worthy and self-respecting adult.
Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.