Newest Members
UniversalBeing, Squirmish20, Cunobelin, Dean-GMoT, hunterprince
13497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (68), Max10 (59), Medos (49), PJinLB (50), TheWookinizer (30), tofeno (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (DanielQ432, hike1972, lapchinj), 51 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,497 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,046 Topics
488,997 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#492255 - 12/08/15 02:12 AM 2016 Recovery Weekend
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Has anybody ever attended (or considering going to) the recovery weekend in PA?

12-14, 2016
Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA
LEAPING UPON THE MOUNTAINS: A MEN'S RECOVERY WEEKEND
Led by Mike Lew & Thom Harrigan
http://www.nextstepcounseling.org/upcomingevents2.htm

I'm considering going to this if I can get the time off and the money together. I've been to one day workshops with Mike Lew before, but never a weekend.

Anybody experienced it before?

#492476 - 12/13/15 08:25 PM Re: 2016 Recovery Weekend [Re: king tut]
betrayed boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

hi king im thinking about attending this also as it affordable and close to where i live, i'll let u know for sure i need to talk with my T about it 1st. BB
Force's beyond your control can take away everything you possess Except one thing- Your FREEDOM to choose how you will respond to the situation. Victor E. Frankl.........HE who has a why to live for can bear almost any how...Nietzsche

#492502 - 12/14/15 01:03 AM Re: 2016 Recovery Weekend [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

ok cool, yeah definitely let me know, if we go it will be really good to talk and discuss things in preparation

#492607 - 12/16/15 10:59 PM Re: 2016 Recovery Weekend [Re: king tut]
Carries The Fire Offline

Loc: Alba
King_Tut,

Tried sending you a PM, but your box is still full . . .so sorry to do this here. Aye I am thinking the Norway one will be easier for me, amongst other things. I have spoken to a friend who has just returned from there. Everything is easy to arrange, and accomodation not to expensive. I will start working out the dates, as next year I will be all over the place again, between here, driving to Bulgaria/Ukraine and whatever in between! I am really interested in doing this.

Sorry BB! I would love to join you there and meet you too!! But dont have the funds for that kind of trip + other complications from my last trip out there . . . .

Ctf

#496315 - 03/07/16 11:06 AM Re: 2016 Recovery Weekend [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think my inbox is clear now if you want to message me. But at the moment i'm not sure that I will actually make any of the conferences this year- at least that's the way it is looking due to my work frown

#500112 - 07/17/16 07:03 PM Re: 2016 Recovery Weekend [Re: king tut]
betrayed boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

hi guy's i'm going for sure i just signed up now my T needs to send in a letter, pretty nervous but kinda excited too, well wish me luck, anybody else going ?.
Force's beyond your control can take away everything you possess Except one thing- Your FREEDOM to choose how you will respond to the situation. Victor E. Frankl.........HE who has a why to live for can bear almost any how...Nietzsche

#514411 - 08/09/17 04:30 PM Re: 2016 Recovery Weekend [Re: king tut]
betrayed boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

hi guy's, just a word of caution about the way this weekend was run last year, checking in was hectic there was a girl doing it on a small table strewn with papers she had me check my info out to make sure it was correct which i did, well friday night was ok and through saturday that is until during dinner another guy mentioned he get an e-mail in it was everybody's personal info real names e-mail addresses i believe home addresses too ( i may be wrong on this part) i was in shock to put it mildly i couldnt finish my meal had to go to my room where my anger exploded to just short of rage, i showered packed my stuff and got the hell out of there before i did something that would have gotten me arrested, drove home

#514412 - 08/09/17 04:40 PM Re: 2016 Recovery Weekend [Re: king tut]
betrayed boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

half aware of what i was doing, im surprised i made it home in one piece i drove thru a huge thunder and lightning storm which matched my mood to a T, i just couldnt believe they would give out my personal info without my ok it was so crazy, i sent mike an e-mail about it in his reply he said the check in girl was new at doing it, took no responsibility for it at all, but if he knew she was new at it there should have been someone with her to help her out, it set my recovery back quite a bit, now i really dont think i'd do another weekend thing with ANYONE EVER,i was and am still devastated over it all, so if your planning on going to this month's weekend at kirkridge ask the check in person to NOT put your info out to everybody. fore-warned is fore-armed. BB

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.