Newest Members
dWite, Kwozzi, Nathan James, lilgas69, Humfrey
13133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
intochange (60), melnjams (44), rage (29)
Who's Online
2 registered (iaccus, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,133 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,101 Topics
474,308 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#499851 - 07/06/16 02:54 PM Movement to reinstall statue honoring Paterno
Chase Eric Offline

MaleSurvivor

#499900 - 07/08/16 03:02 PM Re: Movement to reinstall statue honoring Paterno [Re: Chase Eric]
Bluedogone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern US
One of the quotes from the article stood out to me so shamefully horrible.

"We have been told during the last four-plus years that the board and administration are waiting for the appropriate time to repair the damage they created,"

Unbelievable that there are those who think the damage will be repaired if only they would get the statue back in place.

The Paterno statue should be using the middle finger instead of the index finger, it's more appropriate to use when you give the world "The Finger."

#499902 - 07/08/16 04:03 PM Re: Movement to reinstall statue honoring Paterno [Re: Chase Eric]
Chase Eric Offline

MaleSurvivor

Four years must meet the statute of limitations for conscience.

#499933 - 07/10/16 12:14 PM Re: Movement to reinstall statue honoring Paterno [Re: Chase Eric]
Nothing Man Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
It would seem that even less than four years is that statute of limitations as the NCAA has already vacated its decision to strip Paterno of the wins they took away after this broke. The fact that he participated in the cover-up ought to disqualify him from having his statue on campus ever again. But people have short memories and even shorter amounts of caring.

Interestingly enough, I wonder what happened to the assistant coach who caught Sandusky raping that young boy. His name is Mike McQueary and while he shamefully did not intervene in the rape, he did report it, thus minimally fulfilling his obligation to report sexual abuse when he saw it. The last information I can find is that he left Penn State in 2011. I don't know if he has been able to find work in football since. I mention this because it seems the whistleblower has a harder time than the person who actually covered up the abuse.

#499970 - 07/11/16 02:51 PM Re: Movement to reinstall statue honoring Paterno [Re: Chase Eric]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Victim 1 had to leave school and move to a whole new area as a result of his reporting.

People just love the perps, don't they?

And people have the gall to ask why we wait so long to come forward. The easy answer to that is, because most people don't care and only minimally care if it affects them, but by and large will just accuse you of being after money.

#499996 - 07/12/16 02:12 PM Re: Movement to reinstall statue honoring Paterno [Re: Chase Eric]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA

#500092 - 07/16/16 04:45 PM Re: Movement to reinstall statue honoring Paterno [Re: Chase Eric]
sorryson Offline

I do not think any person who knew, hid or denied the sexual abuse should be idolized. Paterno's statute should never be put back. Sad so many people worship him even after all we learned about the coverup. It shows victim's needs are secondary to the perp's.

#500099 - 07/16/16 09:46 PM Re: Movement to reinstall statue honoring Paterno [Re: Chase Eric]
kwawk Offline

The people that want Paterno to be re-immortalized as a hero would have reacted the exact same way he did, if a boy (or a girl, or a man or woman for that matter) told them that their buddy was a sexual predator. A lot of it is jock culture, esp football. But I think it also applies to a lot people in general who never have to deal with anything like this, who want life to be about winning games. They don't want anything to distract them from their football or whatever other frivolous crap they prioritize. It's easy to dismiss the person who is being harmed, as if they don't matter. If their buddy (the rapist) is a "winner", then the person they abused must be a loser, so why care about them?
I think Paterno is just as much of a low-life criminal as Sandusky; but he will always be a hero to many.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.