Volunteers Needed for Survey Exploring the Effects of Male Sexual Assault

If you have 30 minutes and are interested, you may take this survey. I’d greatly appreciate your participation and/or feedback. The research focuses on the outcomes of male sexual assault (e.g., psychological and physical outcomes and self-esteem and resiliency outcomes).

Who: Men who have experienced sexual assault since turning 18-years-old.

Procedure: Throughout this survey, you will be asked about your experiences with depression, anxiety, PTSD, sexual functioning, and alcohol use. You will also be asked some questions about self-esteem and resiliency. Lastly, your beliefs about male rape myths and traditional masculinity will be examined.

You will have an opportunity to enter a drawing to win a $20 Visa gift card when you complete the survey.

Risks: During this survey, you may become triggered/distressed (e.g., you may begin to have flashbacks of your experiences and feel many uncomfortable emotions, depressed, anxious, angry, and suicidal). If such distress occurs, resources are provided. I understand how difficult it can be to revisit traumatic experiences. Know that you don’t have to answer the triggering questions, and that you can stop taking the survey if it is too triggering for you.

Contact Information: If you have any questions, comments, interests in entering the drawing, please contact the principal investigator. Any information that is obtained in connection with this study and that can be identified with you will remain confidential and will be disclosed only with your permission or as required by law.

Principal Investigator:
Sarah Leclerc, M.S.
University of La Verne

Dissertation Advisor:
Luci Martin, Ph.D.
University of La Verne

You may use this link to take the survey. Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate your participation.

The above research study has been approved for distribution to users by the MaleSurvivor Research Committee. Participation in any of these approved, posted studies is completely voluntary and any participant can withdraw from a study at any time. If you have questions about the IRB approval process, concerns about this study, or questions or why a study has been approved for posting on the MaleSurvivor site, please contact ann.boyer@mssm.edu or andrew.smiler@gmail.com