Newest Members
cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee, mmm coffee, Calibre09
13530 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (34), comeath3 (78), Poo (53), Roy (56), Skeeter (58), tazrad (46), Treehugger75 (42), waterworld (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (UniversalBeing, 1 invisible), 67 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,530 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,382 Topics
491,509 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#497609 - 04/15/16 01:18 AM Living life for others
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
How many people here would say they live for others? That they mostly dedicate themselves to helping others- or at least want it to be that way?

I understand that it is very important to first look after yourself etc.

But is the idea of being able to help others one of your motivations for practicing self-care?

#497624 - 04/15/16 09:45 PM Re: Living life for others [Re: king tut]
Sterling Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
For me , I love helping others , but it can be a way
of not dealing with my own pain.

What is it like for you King Tut?

thanks

J

#497625 - 04/16/16 12:12 AM Re: Living life for others [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Thanks for the reply J,

I think for me helping others is an emerging life philosophy, and I do truly think that I have dealt with my own pain to a good and full extent, I really do feel that in the whole I have dealt with the majority if not all of my previous feelings. Now and again I still have to remind myself to take proper care of myself, but maybe that's normal?

I think, for me, my main remaining pain is that I feel I have so much to give, so much love and caring and understanding, that it is just extremely unsatisfying living a life just for myself. So I guess helping others does help me in that respect, because I am most happy when helping others. Maybe in that sense it is impossible not to be selfish even when being selfless, maybe that's too philosophical lol.

Lewis

#497710 - 04/19/16 01:01 AM Re: Living life for others [Re: king tut]
Sterling Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
Sorry it took me a while to read your reply.

You said....

"Now and again I still have to remind myself to take proper care of myself, but maybe that's normal?"

I would say so.

" I am most happy when helping others. Maybe in that sense it is impossible not to be selfish even when being selfless, maybe that's too philosophical lol."

Good for you Lewis!
Its nice to hear you are doing really well; and take joy
and pride in helping others.
Thanks.
James

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.