Newest Members
mmm coffee, Calibre09, FallGuy2154, Whoamitoday, Joe4618
13527 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
anon_wife (37), Chilly Willy (57), FC (57), JHB1976 (41), malitovsky1 (63), Roofus (46), Sara L. (35), TexasCowboy (55), toni (62)
Who's Online
6 registered (Ceremony, UniversalBeing, usmc97, 3 invisible), 70 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,527 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,364 Topics
491,386 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#495153 - 02/08/16 09:23 AM Am I simply not enough?
victor-victim Offline

Loc: š¯’Ŗ š¯’¦anada
A LIFE IN PROGRESS
Pursuing a life of purpose, health, and JOY
What if All I Want is A Mediocre Life?

"What if...
I embrace my limitations and stop railing against them?
Make peace with who I am and what I need and honor your right to do the same?
Accept that all I really want is a small, slow, simple life?
A mediocre life.
A beautiful, quiet, gentle life.
I think it is enough."

http://www.alifeinprogress.ca/?p=1065

Do any of you struggle with this – wondering if you are enough? Hoping you are, because that’s all you’ve got?

War
Love
Poetry

#495156 - 02/08/16 10:58 AM Re: Am I simply not enough? [Re: victor-victim]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes.

There is a voice inside my head, always telling me that I have to be more than what I am.

I cannot silence this voice. Ever.

Sometimes, I can ride this wave that pushes me to become better. Other times, I lose my balance, and the wave collapses on top of me, drowning me in shame, feelings of worthlessness, and thoughts of being a failure.

I silently wish for the mediocre life, yet every time I try to immerse myself in it, some force - I don't know what - tears me away from it. I long for it, but I can't stand it for too long.

I've found that the only way I can give myself a break from this wretched contradiction is to interact, as much as I can, with those who are content with who I am - people who aren't concerned with who I can be.

Husky

"Only the solitary seek the truth, and they break with all those who don't love it sufficiently." - Pasternak

#495167 - 02/08/16 06:21 PM Re: Am I simply not enough? [Re: victor-victim]
LinEar Offline

Loc: USA
Yes.

I fall into the "comparison trap" all the time. Actively working to stop those thoughts when I realize that they're coming up.

My silence is my self-defense.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.