Newest Members
JamesHere, hamani, bryn89, Jack86, briopiuh
13780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (48), eagle299 (47), H18 (25), JJJ (47), mariposaman (67), SevenTwoTwo76 (43), TexAgMan (41), waiter (48), wgwarch (59)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,780 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,700 Topics
500,769 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#485923 - 07/22/15 06:20 PM deleted
Tryingtolive Offline

#486726 - 08/09/15 09:15 AM Re: Not being a good practicing catholic [Re: Tryingtolive]
DavidM-LT Offline

Loc: Lithuania
I can promise you that you're not bad, and God is there with you. The abuse that was done to you is certainly not in anyway punishment from God. That's a promise.

#486730 - 08/09/15 10:13 AM Re: Not being a good practicing catholic [Re: Tryingtolive]
KMCINVA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: VIRGINIA
Tryingtolive

You need not worry. I too have been on the outs with the Church. As I struggled with abuse in recent years, I could not face the church. A woman who came into my life made me feel safe and helped with return to the church. No pushing on her side, she went and I would wait until she returned. Eventually I returned to a collegiate setting, the universities chapel. A much more inclusive message than some of the more traditional churches. While she was here I would attend, feeling safe with her there. But she is not here now and I found myself feeling unsafe when I attended alone. I stopped going. When she returned several weeks ago, we went and I felt safe and the memories were silent. Alone, the memories reappear. Why I am not sure but hopefully one day I will be able to continue a reconnection by myself. In the interim I keep my distance. I believe in God and I know he is watching. I believe He knows there is a time and place when I will reconnect with the institution but until that time I am confident He is still is watching and looking over me. I do not blame God, it was a human who abused me and put my life in a spiral. God gave the abuser choice and unfortunately one of his choices was me.

#486738 - 08/09/15 11:54 AM Re: Not being a good practicing catholic [Re: KMCINVA]
LinEar Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
God gave the abuser choice and unfortunately one of his choices was me.

Thanks. Needed to hear it.

My silence is my self-defense.

If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep.

#486749 - 08/09/15 03:44 PM Re: Not being a good practicing catholic [Re: Tryingtolive]
DavidM-LT Offline

Loc: Lithuania
That is am excellent way of putting it: God gave the abuser choice, and unfortunately,one of,his,choices,was me.

Very well put. Thank you

#486751 - 08/09/15 05:20 PM Re: Not being a good practicing catholic [Re: Tryingtolive]
derekjw Offline

Loc: U.S.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.