Newest Members
Me1234, March3x, ag, TravisHughCulley, Gilarm
13720 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
sailfish (48)
Who's Online
2 registered (iaccus, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,720 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,320 Topics
498,155 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#485923 - 07/22/15 10:20 PM deleted
Tryingtolive Offline

#486726 - 08/09/15 01:15 PM Re: Not being a good practicing catholic [Re: Tryingtolive]
DavidM-LT Offline

Loc: Lithuania
I can promise you that you're not bad, and God is there with you. The abuse that was done to you is certainly not in anyway punishment from God. That's a promise.

#486730 - 08/09/15 02:13 PM Re: Not being a good practicing catholic [Re: Tryingtolive]
KMCINVA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Tryingtolive

You need not worry. I too have been on the outs with the Church. As I struggled with abuse in recent years, I could not face the church. A woman who came into my life made me feel safe and helped with return to the church. No pushing on her side, she went and I would wait until she returned. Eventually I returned to a collegiate setting, the universities chapel. A much more inclusive message than some of the more traditional churches. While she was here I would attend, feeling safe with her there. But she is not here now and I found myself feeling unsafe when I attended alone. I stopped going. When she returned several weeks ago, we went and I felt safe and the memories were silent. Alone, the memories reappear. Why I am not sure but hopefully one day I will be able to continue a reconnection by myself. In the interim I keep my distance. I believe in God and I know he is watching. I believe He knows there is a time and place when I will reconnect with the institution but until that time I am confident He is still is watching and looking over me. I do not blame God, it was a human who abused me and put my life in a spiral. God gave the abuser choice and unfortunately one of his choices was me.

#486738 - 08/09/15 03:54 PM Re: Not being a good practicing catholic [Re: KMCINVA]
LinEar Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
God gave the abuser choice and unfortunately one of his choices was me.

Thanks. Needed to hear it.

My silence is my self-defense.

If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep.

#486749 - 08/09/15 07:44 PM Re: Not being a good practicing catholic [Re: Tryingtolive]
DavidM-LT Offline

Loc: Lithuania
That is am excellent way of putting it: God gave the abuser choice, and unfortunately,one of,his,choices,was me.

Very well put. Thank you

#486751 - 08/09/15 09:20 PM Re: Not being a good practicing catholic [Re: Tryingtolive]
derekjw Offline

Loc: U.S.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.