Newest Members
meekness, jake1985, cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee
13532 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (47), Dupe1978 (39), James_Is_Talking (39), K-man (61), LordShiningStarr (39), ricky (54), Shawn Hope (32), teresa (45), Warner82 (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 71 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,532 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,391 Topics
491,574 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#470557 - 09/29/14 03:30 AM Re: Rage and recovery from abuse and SSA [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
jdsrip Offline

Go where you wanna go, do want you want to do. -Cass

For me, it is a process that is ongoing and the more I let it go on its own, the better I feel. I only think about it so often and seek to be with people (men and women) who understand me as they get to know me. If they don't "get me," I share more in a timely way that is comfortable to me(but I still worry what other's think though). However, it does get better...

And I have since reported the guy who abused me - a man who never took responsibility for growing up nor much of anything else in my opinion. These folks like this guy typically have poor social skills and the inability to understand that what they have done is a big deal. Too bad for them and for some of us who get caught in the false path of their crap, not ours.

#470688 - 10/02/14 10:10 AM Re: Rage and recovery from abuse and SSA [Re: EdfromNYC]
Frm73 Offline

Edited by Frm73 (10/03/14 05:14 PM)

#476477 - 02/02/15 01:42 PM Re: Rage and recovery from abuse and SSA [Re: EdfromNYC]
Serious Dave Offline

Loc: OH
Ed,

As a former rage-a-holic, I can identify with where you are right now. Better to let it out than to keep it in! "They" call anger a secondary emotion that covers fear and pain which are too difficult to acknowledge. I can also attest to that. Once much of the anger blew off, the pain set in big time - the pain of loss, mostly - and the fear of being discovered.

For me, when the anger finally left is when I began to realize how powerful I actually am. After all, I survived hell on earth and I have a bunch of chunks missing, but I'm tough as nails (except when I'm crying like a baby). Anger feels powerful, but it's like a fire hose; it 's hard to direct and control, and it can knock you on your ass. Case in point: many times after intense screaming matches with my wife on the phone (she can give as good as she gets) I literally wound up on the floor in my office unable to get up for an hour. I think your brain automatically shuts down when you overload your circuits.

You were cheated out of so much in life. You have every right to be as angry as you are and not feel guilty about. But, my brother, what I wish most for you is a peaceful mind - that's where the power is.

And, yes, I too will feel that this is the stupidest piece of drivel I've ever written, right after I click Submit.

Wishing you peace, love, and happiness,

Dave
and he now has no doubt
that the rest of his life he can save.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.