Newest Members
JamesHere, hamani, bryn89, Jack86, briopiuh
13780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (48), eagle299 (47), H18 (25), JJJ (47), mariposaman (67), SevenTwoTwo76 (43), TexAgMan (41), waiter (48), wgwarch (59)
Who's Online
2 registered (JamesM, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,780 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,700 Topics
500,769 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#476050 - 01/26/15 07:37 PM Every Day Mindfulness
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Every Day Mindfulness

I am trying to make the practice of mindful living part of my every day life. I was introduced to this at the Alta WOR weekend. I would like to thank Jim Struve and his staff for introducing this to me and the others men at the weekend. That weekend inspired me to start a group for men in my community that would like to learn and share the practice of mindfulness.

I would like to start this thread to share my journey along the path of awakening. Please feel free (like you need my permission)to post any thing that brings mindfulness to your day. This can take any form like the smile of a child or a loved one. A blue sky (one of my favorites) or the wind on your face or the taste of an apple that you just ate. It is the practice of noticing you,I, are in this moment and this is the only moment that we live in. You can also if you like post a talk or a meditation that you like and feel would inspire others.
Thank You for all the love and support that I feel from this community.
Bluesky

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
Frank Herbert

#476080 - 01/27/15 01:04 PM Re: Every Day Mindfulness [Re: bluesky]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mindfully acknowledging the loneliness inside. Trying to stay with it and be as compassionate to this feeling as I can. Listening to it hearing what it needs. It needs just to be, with out me chasing it out of my mind and heart.
Bluesky

Only I will remain."
Frank Herbert

#476111 - 01/28/15 03:30 AM Re: Every Day Mindfulness [Re: bluesky]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: 𝒪 𝒦anada
this looks like the beginning of a good long thread.
keep it coming. i find this sort of stuff very inspiring.

thanks for keeping my sky blue.

mindfully acknowledging the positive energy coming off this page smile

War
Love
Poetry

#476118 - 01/28/15 05:57 AM Re: Every Day Mindfulness [Re: bluesky]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: resettling in NE Ohio
love this idea - so here is my first contribution:

most days after we leave school, my wife and i sit on our veranda with a cup of tea and review our days. it is a time to catch up, re-connect, and unwind. We take time for one another and for ourselves and to reflect on our part in the wider sommunity.

one of the most helpful and relaxing and healing parts of this time for me is to be able to observe the bits of nature that i can see from our apartment - in all its consistency, transitions, and variety.

The sky may be blue or grey, but usually changes into muted pastels or vivid hues as we relax and watch - infinite variations on the same theme - whether subtle or dramatic.

the trees may be in bloom, beginning to leaf out, in full foliage, dropping their leaves, or mostly bare, but the patterns of branches against the sky is reliable and comfortingly familiar. there are often birds to be seen and heard.

taking the time to see and and also experience our other senses, not to "do" anything - but simply to "be" has become a cherished part of our days.

Lee

#476143 - 01/28/15 06:43 PM Re: Every Day Mindfulness [Re: bluesky]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Some days I get to eat lunch by my self with no one home. When I do this I usually try not to waste time (like eating is a waste of time lol ) so I read or listen to music or do some kind of work. But to day no music no books just me and my food. My chicken curried rice and carrots with my home made garlic hot sauce on the side. I ate slowly enjoying and savoring each bite. Taking the time to chew and taste the many flavors being mindful of the moment grateful for the moment. All alone no phone no talking or listening only to my spoon against the plate and my breath.
Bluesky

Only I will remain."
Frank Herbert

#476194 - 01/29/15 10:13 AM Re: Every Day Mindfulness [Re: bluesky]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you for the support,encouragement and contributions. I hope many will share.
Bluesky

Only I will remain."
Frank Herbert

#476201 - 01/29/15 03:08 PM Re: Every Day Mindfulness [Re: bluesky]
victor-victim Offline

today i am mindfully acknowledging the joy of arriving very early and being in the right place with plenty of time to relax, pray, meditate, plan, ponder and wonder about life and i can observe and watch others as they do while i be.

such a rare luxury... calm.

War
Love
Poetry

#476283 - 01/30/15 04:32 PM Re: Every Day Mindfulness [Re: bluesky]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mindful about the fact that I feel angry how things change around me but I have no say in it. I am trying to be mindful of the anger and have compassion to my self by not denying that I am like I do most of the time.
Bluesky

Only I will remain."
Frank Herbert

#476352 - 01/31/15 02:09 PM Re: Every Day Mindfulness [Re: bluesky]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
FYI: This is awesome content. Thank you SO much. Please keep it coming. I'm learning and soaking it up like a sponge!

There is so much in this for me to learn!

#476368 - 01/31/15 06:53 PM Re: Every Day Mindfulness [Re: bluesky]
victor-victim Offline

mindful and mind fulfilled by a home full of people i love fully.
kitchen aromas.
television noises.
savoured moments.

spending the weekend with my wife and kids.
i have a mind full of good fortune,
and a heart full of gratitude.

the absence of pain is pleasure.
the presence of joy is treasure.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.