Newest Members
cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee, mmm coffee, Calibre09
13530 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (34), comeath3 (78), Poo (53), Roy (56), Skeeter (58), tazrad (46), Treehugger75 (42), waterworld (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (UniversalBeing, 1 invisible), 67 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,530 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,382 Topics
491,509 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#483424 - 06/06/15 03:13 AM Re: The Sleep Disturbances,Troubles of Male Survivors. [Re: R321]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

My sleep is somewhat predictable. I rarely sleep much in the prime night time sleeping hours. I rarely sleep more than three hours at a time. I live alone and don't work, so I sleep whenever I feel tired. So, I usually get a total of 6-8 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. That's usually one or two three hour periods, and one or two 1-2 hour periods. Rarely do I sleep 6 hours in one session. I take quite a bit of across the counter benadryl/acetaminaphen combination for anxiety and panic. Also, my whole body has generally hurt for several years. I know this is all directly related to abuse issues, so the only thing I do is keep on keepin' on with working on healing my abuse issues. Working was no longer possible by age 53, and declined steadily from age 45 on. Again, all attributable to abuse issues.

Love and good luck to us all.

Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#483428 - 06/06/15 07:56 AM Re: The Sleep Disturbances,Troubles of Male Survivors. [Re: R321]
Banjo596 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I too find it difficult to get a full nights sleep. It's Saturday, no work today, but I am up at 3:30am. Usually for me lately I wake up and start thinking about all the issues in my life I am working on. It's a positive I am working on these things, but sometimes I feel the work consumes me. Always on my mind. Can find only occasional times when I forget about them and just be.

#486203 - 07/30/15 01:35 PM Re: The Sleep Disturbances,Troubles of Male Survivors. [Re: R321]
Strive 38/11 Offline

Loc: Australia
I had full sleep study 70 tubes and wires in lab over night. The conclusion it takes me a long time to go to sleep, but I'm a good sleeper when I am asleep. Drugs like Stilnox create mental fogs. Right one I've cut my Stilnox dose in half and lowered the Seroquel. To compensate I've increased the strength of the holosync that helps put me to sleep. In preparation for this detox I removed sugar completely from my diet and also I removed caffeine. I don't drink alcohol. I walk four kms with the dog in the morning. Now my biggest challenge is blue light and shutting my mind off which is the wholly Grail. If you deep breathe and breathe out long that helps heaps of things. Headspace has very useful guided meditations in this area.

Strive 38/11

Get out of my way I'm coming through on my own.
I'm coming through all alone - Tunnel - Screaming Jets

#486204 - 07/30/15 01:37 PM Re: The Sleep Disturbances,Troubles of Male Survivors. [Re: R321]
Strive 38/11 Offline

Loc: Australia
Must mediate

Don't be a slave to the random thoughts of your mind. Take control.

Strive 38/11

Get out of my way I'm coming through on my own.
I'm coming through all alone - Tunnel - Screaming Jets

#499327 - 06/16/16 02:08 PM Re: The Sleep Disturbances,Troubles of Male Survivors. [Re: R321]
Bryan7601 Offline

Loc: GA
Can't remember the last time I really slept good. Got one of the doctors I work with to give me a prescription for trazadone and it helps though I keep waking up. I seem to rest better on a sofa than the bed lately.

#499605 - 06/28/16 03:17 AM Re: The Sleep Disturbances,Troubles of Male Survivors. [Re: R321]
bluesky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hi guys.
I have a really hard time falling asleep. As long as I can remember at least since I was 6-7 years old about when I first was abused I have sleep issues. Can't fall asleep, scared to sleep, nightmares and restless sleep. It has gotten worse since I stared therapy 3 years ago and since I hit my head 2 years ago. I fall asleep around 2:00/3:00 most nights and if I fall asleep earlyer then I wake up several times. If my wife holds me the hole night that can help with the nightmares. I do take some supplements that help a bit because if I don't take them it worse. I won't take meds for this I need a very clear and sharp head and reflexes for my job as an Acupuncterist. I can be on something that dulls my senses in any way or I just won't work and that won't work for me. I hope to address this issue some how. Wishing you all the best and keep strong.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
Frank Herbert

#499625 - 06/28/16 06:21 PM Re: The Sleep Disturbances,Troubles of Male Survivors. [Re: R321]
zookeeper Offline

Loc: Ohio
My evenings go like this:
Stop caffeine at 2 on.....check
Take meds including melatonin.......check
CPAP machine.....check
Comfy pillows, dark room......check
Say my prayers......check
THEN I lay there for two hours, tossing, turning, and when I
do go to sleep I rarely have a night without nightmares or night terrors.
Predictable and lousy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.