Newest Members
UniversalBeing, Squirmish20, Cunobelin, Dean-GMoT, hunterprince
13497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (47), eagle299 (46), H18 (24), JJJ (46), mariposaman (66), SevenTwoTwo76 (42), TexAgMan (40), waiter (47), wgwarch (58)
Who's Online
1 registered (usmc97), 122 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,497 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,053 Topics
489,047 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#469017 - 08/16/14 03:42 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: JoziSA]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
JoziSA,

The original publication has been removed and there is no online copy I can point to. It was called "Survival of the Godliest" by the demographer Phillip Longman. I did find what looks like a partial or complete extract here.

The thesis was that a number of behaviors of religious adherents conferred survival benefits. Specifically, that religious people have more children than non-religious people. The result is more religious people and less non-religious people over time. And the more religious people are, the greater number of children they have, therefore the religious community becomes more fundamentalist over time.

~efm

Edited by Ever-fixed Mark (08/16/14 03:50 PM)
Edit Reason: Link found

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#474533 - 01/05/15 08:52 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: 𝒪 𝒦anada

Originally Posted By: Ever-fixed Mark
religious people have more children than non-religious people. The result is more religious people and less non-religious people over time. And the more religious people are, the greater number of children they have, therefore the religious community becomes more fundamentalist over time.

maybe that is god's plan?

God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth"
Genesis 1:28

"As for you, be fruitful and multiply; Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it."
Genesis 9:7

War
Love
Poetry

#505395 - 01/04/17 12:23 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
9lifes Offline

Loc: atlanta ga
The peace that entered my soul when I stepped foot on a Catholic Shrine in Birmingham, Alabama. At that life changing perspective I knew he was always by my side, he was alive even before me, walked the earth in the past and still is. That is my prove!! That is why i still cling to him!! Because the peace was so penetrating so indescribable to human words! i pray that this peace always will be with me! I go visit the shrine every time my church goes to visit! it is a peace of heaven i pray all you experience. God bless you! And you are worth a lot to God! God loves you! always remember that

Edited by 9lifes (01/04/17 12:24 AM)

#505400 - 01/04/17 01:01 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: 9lifes]
Ceremony Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Welcome 9Lifes, it's good you've discovered that peace. We can have complex lives.

https://youtu.be/6nQc1ADbWLA
This is the story of my rape, posted on MS:
http://www.discussion.malesurvivor.org/b...1680#Post501680

#505414 - 01/04/17 04:50 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
LinEar Offline

Loc: USA
I still believe. It's difficult to reconcile our experience with His plans, but then again, we're not God.

My silence is my self-defense.

#505595 - 01/11/17 07:39 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
Tom E. Online   content

Loc: FL
I believe in a Higher Power, or God, of my understanding, not the God of any Bible, nor religious dogma.. my God loves and accepts me as I am, warts and all.. this God has been trying to help me & guide me my entire life but I just couldn't see it until recently
- Tom E

#507079 - 02/26/17 09:42 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
Jer Offline

Loc: Texas
I also believe in an higher power/purpose, but I don't follow the traditional scriptures or teachings.

#507153 - 02/28/17 02:50 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
Winterfr3sh Offline

Loc: Missouri
I come from a religious background that was forced on me. It was also fundamentalist, which I find I cannot do anymore.

I am finally learning to embrace a God of my own understanding, rather than the God of someone else's understanding forced on me with the threat of hell. That's a huge step (for me).

I am learning to open up my mind and realize--that there is salvation outside of the fundamentalist view I grew up with. I don't have to believe in that, or listen to them anymore. I'm free.

#507327 - 03/04/17 08:13 AM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: Winterfr3sh]
oic Offline

I think I'll be a neuroscientist in my next life. I think there's a lot to be yet understood about neural pathways that develop during trauma, early childhood sexual development etc. science has a very rudimentary understanding but no evidenced based solutions on how to change or reverse them other than "better living through chemistry", maybe shock treatment....My science tells me even that's more effective if you lick your finger first before inserting into a light socket. If u don't believe it, try it. I think that's where my disconnect with religion is coming into play also. After 50 years of partially forced, partially embraced, attempted conversion therapy, my results are conclusive, beating a subject over the head with a bible produces a # of headaches but no neural pathway changes.

These discussions here have actually shed a lot of light on things for me & I agree there is a moral compass & right & wrong but it's not all black & white. The thing that pisses me off & I'm feeling so duped about is, it's not this epic battle of evil vs good as I was programmed, for me anyway as much as it is a difference in truth vs. ignorance & ignorance don't set nobody free....

....and the sheeple bow & pray....think I may have narrowly avoided the slaughter....and a lot of oppression occurs under the guise of righteousness & ignorance....it's been said when u know better, u do better....idk but I do know when u know better, you know better & ignorance can't be argued with ....I rest my case.

A good friend of mine recently posed this observation. Can't help thinking about the Middle East being the world leader in scientific knowledge and advancement for thousands of years but it was all wiped out in the wake of religious fervor and blindness. When one is no longer allowed to question or dream, what's left?! My response: or think for themselves?...becoming a monk or jihadist.

It's been my experience that organized religion produces mostly self righteous snobs of which I've regretfully been part & partial too. The audacity of people including myself believing they were more righteous or holier than others is simply redamnrediculous!

Darkmatters: god's 10 life hacks https://youtu.be/Rh58rIyABag

#507337 - 03/04/17 02:27 PM Re: Wh among you still believes in God? [Re: traillius]
George Offline

Loc: NY metro **PM's are welcomed

I think Denial of God the Creator works about as good as the Denial of our abuse worked for us, that denial may help us cope for a little while, but ultimately we have to deal with reality.

It's a lot easier to pretend there is no God, because it's too scary to admit there is a satan & a hell, especially when true evil presents it's self so readily (we here have all been touched by it). It's so easy to be blinded to all the good / Godly blessings, even miracles all around us. For me, just watching a sunrise, seeing a newborn baby or even an animal is enough to know the existence of God. Feeling love, feeling love for my own newborn child was a glimpse into the love our Father God has for us all, and that's an incredible feeling. That's a Love that I couldn't comprehend till I had my own child. That was a huge need that I went unmet from my own childhood due to the circumstances back then.

I've lived life both ways walking away from God and walking with him. I know the difference in my life walking with God has made. I've witnessed the super natural in a church. I've witnessed the lives of the believers who trust in God / Jesus for their salvation who for the most part live peaceful happy lives, I've witnessed some who still struggle with their demons but are better off still being in the fight. Christians to contrary belief are not "perfect", nor profess to be, they are just forgiven. They are like beggars trying to show the other's where the food is. They are not trying to hoard it all for themselves by lying of it's existence. Satan is very good at what he does, his sole aim is to have us use that gift of free will that God gave to us all to turn away from God, it's that simple. He will use anything like our hurts, fears etc to get us to turn away & more importantly our legacy generations too. We all have a target on our back, But our Father God provided a safe space with him. He wants you to commune with him, seek & find his peace. He didn't make us to be robots in thought, he gave us all free will and a choice to make with it.

Has there been evil done in the name of God / religion? Sure (thanks to satan), same as fathers & mothers doing evil things, does fact that make all fathers & mothers evil? In both the past & the present, Judaeo / Christian societies have led to the furthering of all kinds of freedom & elevated standards of living in general. You don't have to look far to see the havoc that Godless societies left in their wake, mass genocides, few freedoms if any, not even a freedom of speech...

A relationship with God / Jesus is not hard to attain or keep, he loves you and wants you around. What's easier to accept, being and feeling loved, protected & treasured for being a child of God, or living blindly unloved & untreasured? For me It sure beats feeling like a beat up marionette with my strings being yanked around by satan.

....Where do you want to see your soul in 100 years?

That's how I see things in relation to God.

https://bristleconeproject.org/men/gino-werner/

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.