Newest Members
Muyoso, kaa, bsm, davkli, GMan
13205 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob Wheelock (80), iciyapitate (52), Seekingwisdom (58), The Dean (80)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,205 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,416 Topics
476,059 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#448943 - 10/01/13 10:25 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Mountainous Buck]
Bill61 Offline

Loc: Illinois
M B
I tried the link you supplied but it looks like that site was deleted.

How often are the weekends of recovery offered?

"I am in charge of how I fell and I choose HAPPINESS" from The Law of Attraction.

#448981 - 10/02/13 10:37 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Bill61]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Info on the weekends that can be found on the homepage of the Male survivor website.

Here's a link to similar article that was once on the "first steps to getting help" link:

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/The-Road-...e-Survivor-Heal

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#448983 - 10/02/13 10:41 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Bill61]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#449805 - 10/10/13 10:10 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Bill61]
Bill61 Offline

Loc: Illinois
When is the right time to discuss everything that happened to me when I was abused by the priest on this site. There are a lot of trigger stuff which I have already told my family about and my attorney. Should I bring it up at WoR next week? Please let me know

Thanks
Bill61

"I am in charge of how I fell and I choose HAPPINESS" from The Law of Attraction.

#450022 - 10/13/13 01:42 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Bill61]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest
Bill

The right time to discuss your story is when you feel comfortable revealing details of your story. There is no definitive right time. Each of us is different. Our recoveries happen at different speeds and we reveal in different ways. Some people let it out in small amounts, and other tell it all at once and just get it out.

My T gave me good advice and told me to only let out what I could handle being disappointed with if the big reveal didn't go well. You can always reveal more, but you can't take it back.

If you feel more comfortable telling your story to just one or two people at first, you can send PMs to a few members.

Use your past as your guide and think of instances when you've had to reveal something about yourself and then decide if you want to duplicate that situation or modify it in some way. Also, look at how other MS members have told their stories. If there is an example that stands out for you that you think is the perfect way to tell, then imitate that.

The same advice holds true for the WoR weekend. They may give you more direction about what to say, when to say it and how to say it.

Again, this is your story. It is unique to you, although there will be similarities to other's stories. Tell it in your own way in manner that fits your style and that will support your personality. Good luck, Bill. You'll have a lot of support here.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.