Newest Members
Meyekell, Muyoso, kaa, bsm, davkli
13206 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (66), Isreal101 (67), Phil Sober (43), phil1973 (43), Teddy Bear (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 34 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,206 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,424 Topics
476,127 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#445680 - 08/28/13 08:38 AM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
F.A. Offline

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: KJvox70

I was molested by older male cousins from age of 6 to about 14. Guess I buried and refused to give it any credit in my life for all these years.

Welcome to a place you can recover with help from these amazing men here. I didn't refuse to give it credit, I though it was no big deal and my perp loved me. From 6-16 for me or longer can't really pin point it.

To be sick is to be fragmented. To be healed is to become whole, and to become whole one must be in harmony with family, friends, and nature" -Navajo-
Blog: http://csafresno.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/CSAFresno
My Story: http://tinyurl.com/78upvvu

#447071 - 09/13/13 04:46 AM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: 𝒪 𝒦anada
welcome to ms.org, KJvox70.

sorry you feel the need for help, but you have come to a good place. i have received much good from my communications here.

i hope you will as well.

War
Love
Poetry

#448944 - 10/01/13 10:45 PM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
Bill61 Offline

Loc: Illinois
KJ
I held my abuse in my subconscious for 36 years and suffered from depression, two suicide attempts, anxiety attacks and bipolar. My abuse started when I was 16 years old in 1977 by a priest at a catholic high school and was my school counselor. I thought I was the only person he abused until I found that there were 5 other people who brought suit against him.

"I am in charge of how I fell and I choose HAPPINESS" from The Law of Attraction.

#448950 - 10/01/13 11:13 PM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
thepatient Offline

Loc: USA
I, too, discredited the effect which CSA had on my life. It should have been a blaring sign considering I'm so maladapted, but hey I'm here now. The guys here seem very kind and understanding. We can get through this together.
Shine until the two become one
Shine on upon the severed
Divided, I'm withering away
Shine on upon the many, light our way
Benevolent sun"

#448965 - 10/02/13 07:34 AM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Originally Posted By: KJvox70
Thanks to all for the encouraging posts. I am doing my best to slow my mind a bit. I spent the whole weekend online absorbing a ton of information.
Im determined to move forward and begin the battle of regaining my self and healing.
Again, thank you all. God Bless.
KJ

Small bites Pal. Small bites...

#448975 - 10/02/13 10:00 AM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
KMCINVA Offline
MaleSurvivor

KJ

Sorry you have to be here but you have come to a good place. Denial is a major to CSA victims. We try to deny the abuse but the abuse is eating out our core until we accept and heal. Denial is a powerful weapon with adverse consequences. I was 45 plus years of denial until too many factors erupted the past. But today, after 2 1/2 years of therapy, support groups and psychiatrist along with several hospitalizations I am healing. It is an emotional roller coaster--but do not let the downs stop you from moving forward. Once you take back your life from the abuser you can begin to live. What has been lost in the past is the past, but what you will have once you begin to heal will be a life worth living.

Good luck and remember we are here for you.

#448978 - 10/02/13 10:14 AM Re: New here and facing up to 35 +yrs of denial [Re: KJvox70]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Welcome to MS and to next part of your life! I hope you find here the support and honesty that will help guide you towards reclaiming Your life.

I repressed what happened to me for 35 years and battled alcoholism, sex addiction, depression, was separated twice and had career struggles for most of my life. I had been sober for many years from those "acting out" behaviors, yet Facing the abuse has been a big step in the journey of healing.

Learn to take care of yourself as you walk this path of healing-You do not have to deal with everything at once. One day at a time You can have a better life.

Today, I'm a good father husband and friend And I have a beautiful life.

Edited by Mountainous Buck (10/02/13 10:16 AM)

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.