Newest Members
Bilbo408, JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72
13229 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (60), Aaron7712 (50), Defiance Is Best (48), Interpreter (32), Kenn (57), RichardPaulPoill (70), soul (36), Tyler845 (29)
Who's Online
4 registered (Ceremony, oliverwendell, mikewww, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,229 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,562 Topics
477,105 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#443924 - 08/10/13 09:41 AM My Intro
Wiseguy Offline
New Here

Loc: North Florida
I am back at MS and hoping I can use this medium as a means by which to cope with CSA. I am back in therapy (seems like about every 7-8 years) it bubbles up and back to the therapist I go) and needing to work through this again to be my life back. I feel like I am at rock bottom, my job has told me to take some time off and my I am physically/neurologically ill, and all the meds have caused my brain to raise all the ugliness again. CSA and PTSD from CSA really is an affliction I would not wish on my worst enemy and wish I could just be done with this. I am 42 now and it seems like I will deal with this my whole life.

Looking forward to sharing with you all - keep up the fight!!

#443934 - 08/10/13 11:01 AM Re: My Intro [Re: Wiseguy]
Rich1967 Offline

Loc: PA
Hey, welcome back! I think you are right about dealing with this for the rest of our lives. I've only been back in therapy for a year since trying to forget about it for the last 20 plus years. I do feel like it is getting better though and I don't find myself in my dark places as often as I have or live with such anxiety about other people (particularly other men). I do worry about having a set back and wonder if I will be able to cope. If that happens I think I will do what you are doing - coming back here and asking others for help.

I also related to not wishing these issues on your worst enemy. I have often wondered if there is anything worse someone could do to another individual then what's happened to us. I don't think there is anything worse. If you believe in spirituality I think it is a spiritual crime that affects the soul as well as the body.

I hope you find what you need to get back up on your feet.
"Me too"-I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.
My Story

#443945 - 08/10/13 11:52 AM Re: My Intro [Re: Wiseguy]
slsjake Offline

Loc: Tennessee
I am new here but I would offer anything I can. I apologize, I don't know what CSA is but commend you for taking action if it be "again" and "again" and "again". Jake

#443987 - 08/11/13 01:15 AM Re: My Intro [Re: Wiseguy]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: 𝒪 𝒦anada
welcome back, Wiseguy.

i think i know exactly what you mean.
i am 52 and still healing and dealing with CSA.
in fact, i just had a (another) major breakthrough about 2 years ago,
so i, too, feel "like I will deal with this my whole life."
it never ends, but it always gets better.

someone once said,
"We plan to persist until we prevail."
this is a positive path.

p.s. slsjake,
CSA stands for 'child sexual abuse'.

#444464 - 08/16/13 01:16 AM Re: My Intro [Re: Wiseguy]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England

Anyone named "Wiseguy" has to be a kindred spirit. C'mon in man!

I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories
Sarah McLachlan

#444514 - 08/16/13 08:08 PM Re: My Intro [Re: Wiseguy]
DavoSwim Offline

Loc: Midwest

It is true that dealing with CSA is a constant in life. Fortunately, here at MS there are a lot of guys who offer support and advice. I dealt with this alone for over 40 years. Since I can't run and hide from it anymore, I'd much rather deal with it with help from my friends here, than to do it on my own.

Even though it's a tough fight, with the support of others, there is hope for a better life, and that's something that was absent when I dealing with it alone.

Keep fighting Wiseguy, there are good days ahead.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.