Newest Members
meekness, jake1985, cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee
13532 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (47), Dupe1978 (39), James_Is_Talking (39), K-man (61), LordShiningStarr (39), ricky (54), Shawn Hope (32), teresa (45), Warner82 (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 71 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,532 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,391 Topics
491,574 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#436520 - 06/02/13 02:53 AM Dissociation
bey Offline

Loc: canada
Having an awful (awful!) time with dissociation issues lately. Ended up in inpatient psych ward care for a week. I feel like I'm at a loss as to how to move forward with this, especially because there is a lot going on in my life right now.
Wondering if anyone else has dissociation struggles and even better if something is working to help with that.
I am working on it with a good therapist, but looking for some advice as well.

#436526 - 06/02/13 03:36 AM Re: Dissociation [Re: bey]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

((((( bey ))))))

Many of us here deal with dissociation, me included.

What happened that sent you to the psych ward?

Are you blacking out? Losing time? Do you feel that you are not in charge of your own body? Do you forget things that you should easily remember?

I'm working with an EMDR therapist who has good experience with DID patient/clients.

We're here for you.

Cant
But I won't let sorrow get me way down.

#436527 - 06/02/13 03:41 AM Re: Dissociation [Re: bey]
bey Offline

Thanks cant

The psych hospital near me is really good and it was helpful to get me stable again. I have only a few memories of being there, but I came out doing ok.l
I do have a diagnosis of DID and have been taking meds for anxiety and have done a few longer term hospital stays in dissociation programs. My current therapist is ok.
I was doing really well but I a loosing a lot of time again, feeling less stable. It isn't easy.
Thanks for the reply

Ben

#436538 - 06/02/13 05:42 AM Re: Dissociation [Re: bey]
DRA Offline

Hi Bey,

I've only had that kind of intense dissociation once, that I know of, and it was around first grade, I think. However, I have had that sense of lost time and wanting to escape reality. Sometimes, the only thing I can do is write down what happened today - every day - and how it felt. And if I do that often enough, I start to feel like I'm back walking a path with a chronological narrative.

Regards,

DRA
Strength in power is a false victory rooted in vapid grandiosity. Strength in character and integrity is the freedom to act righteously irrespective of the surrounding pressure. True power is the presence of mind to live with character and integrity.

#436593 - 06/02/13 07:00 PM Re: Dissociation [Re: bey]
Lost in Tn Offline

yeppers. My wife calls it "gone fishing" when I just ain't there. She says I talk back, answering whatever, like what tv show we are going to watch. I'm not there though and couldn't tell ya the next hour what happened. It sucks.

#436625 - 06/03/13 03:24 AM Re: Dissociation [Re: bey]
bey Offline

Thanks for the replies. It is both comforting and terribly sad to know I'm not alone in this.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.